+1

Hard left hand turn problem. Engine dies out.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? I have been out today practising around a c/course trying to get my turning back with riva plate. After some playing around with sponson settings and getting a nice turn feel back I ran into a problem. The prob is when I run flat out down the back straight into a tight left hand turn the motor dies out, once it actually stopped. I had 3 bars of gas and are running a R&D fuel pickup. Do you think this could be fuel surge or should I be looking elsewhere.

+1
    The dealer does not seem to know what it could be. Any help would be much appreciated.

+1
    Not knowing for sure, but a quick check would be to fill your tank and see if it still does it. I have slung the fuel away from the pickup and stalled/stopped mine, but it was on the low fuel warning.

There is also a position sensor that detects if the ski is upside down that shuts off the engine.. I remember someone else here having the same issue but ruled this out. Seems like an obvious cause.. It could be overreacting to your "violent' turns!

Not sure if it will help or not ....but a few years ago my car did the very same thing in hard left turns and after lots of searching it ended up being the fuel pressuer regulator

I know cars and watercraft are a world of diffrences but I thought Id throw that out there

Good Luck

+1
    Thank you for your ideas, are you guys running the R&D pickup? My low fuel buzzer came on about two laps after so fuel was getting down. Did'nt have a great day at all really, seems the rpm was up and down a bit, some times it would show 7820 others 7720? I put it down to the heavy rain and low cloud.

I'm running the R&D pickup and have had my ski sideways in both directions.. Search the posts here.. someone else's would die intermittently..

+1
    Thanks, had a search but can't find it yet.

Thread Information