Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post upgrade Msx 140 03 model

hey guys yer, i'm a newbie also down hear in australia got reffered by a mate to this site said i could learn some some and get some good tips.. been reading a couple of topics reguarding the o3msx seems i may have brought the wrong ski but anyhow i'll see how it goes.. i'm looking to upgrade this baby in speed and performance gots a couple of simple upgrades so far.. machined heads with more air compression, r and d intake grate and also a flame arrestor kit which is just pod air filters and adaptors that replace the air box.. adjusted the tps to as far as 100% as possiable that little trick works but looking to spend more and go faster.. been told to get an 04 model msx ride plate ??? o and adjust the wedges the already sit at 6 degree should i go higher.. i should prob get a modified prop?? and was looking at an aftermarket exhaust.. any other idea guys some great stuff on here brilliant site!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tringa35 View Post
    hey guys yer, i'm a newbie also down hear in australia got reffered by a mate to this site said i could learn some some and get some good tips..
    been reading a couple of topics reguarding the o3msx seems i may have brought the wrong ski but anyhow i'll see how it goes..
    i'm looking to upgrade this baby in speed and performance gots a couple of simple upgrades so far..

machined heads with more air compression, r and d intake grate and also a flame arrestor kit which is just pod air filters and adaptors that replace the air box..

adjusted the tps to as far as 100% as possible that little trick works but looking to spend more and go faster..

been told to get an 04 model msx ride plate ???
    o and adjust the wedges the already sit at 6 degree should i go higher..

i should prob get a modified prop??
    and was looking at an aftermarket exhaust..

any other idea guys some great stuff on here brilliant site!!!
    Not so much the wrong ski, just some 2003 model issues that you need to be aware of, and stay on top of.

How much did you raise the compression, and what octane fuel are you using to keep it happy?

If you change the exhaust, you are changing the engine breathing, and this may affect (in fact, that would be the whole idea) how much fuel+air is being burned at a given RPM.

Unless I am mistaken, these engines depend entirely on the throttle position, RPM and ambient air pressure (and air temperature?) to calculate how much fuel is to be injected on each power stroke. They do not have an air intake mass air flow sensor, so the EMM does not 'know' how much air is going into the motor, just how far open the throttle is.

I think you would have to have the EMM recalibrated to supply more fuel, if the exhaust is changed in any meaningful way. I do not know if this is even possible, but I have been told that at WOT, the injectors only have about 10% fuel reserve.

If this is the case, then the absolute maximum power gain you could get is 10%, and then only with an EMM reprogramed (to tell the injectors to deliver the additional fuel). Is a 10% power increase worth all the troble? Remember that 10% more power would give you less than 10% more speed.

Tringa35,

Welcome to the Green Hulk Forums!!!

One of the best FI guys around here is a great guy named Bernie. He really knows his way around the Fitch systems.

Shoot him a PM, and I am sure he will have some sugestions.

Did I mention that he lives close to you???

Let us know how it goes, and remember, we love pictures!

-Rob

+1
    tringa, I'd also like to say WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!
    Check out the Virage TX and Genesis injected performance threads as well.
    As far as the 03 being a wrong choice, nahhhhh it's just a little more work.
    Although 35-40 less pounds in the nose equates to roughly 1-2 MPH.
    The 04 ride plate has 4mm more kick and coupled with the 6 degree wedge you will see about 1/2-1MPH.
    Let us know how you make out.

thanks guys for the sincere welcoming.. as for the exhaust made some local fone calls and they dont even do a mod for the exhaust and by the sounds of it would make much difference. as for the ride plate have ordered one in roughly a couple of weeks away, can u modify the pump wedge urself??? um compression rate is roughly 145 on all three cylinders.. hope to get better result as i'm re-hooning and replacing all cylinder gaskets and rings this weekend.. wats anyone no about the after market jet pump worth the money ( roughly 600 bucks) well i'll keep u guys posted thanks again....

+1
    This was in answer to your reed question in your other post not the pump.
    I've heard some say it made a difference and others stated it did nothing they could feel by seat of pants.
    Try calling Jay at Atlantic Powersports in NJ (pretty busy guy), he and Sharps Marine NY (also very busy guys) have been playing with these for a little bit.
    Try calling Brian at Ultimate Watercraft in Livermore Ca. he usually has some great tid bits and does a lot of mod work on the Polaris line as well.

also running her on BP Ultimate 98 octane

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tringa35 View Post
    also running her on BP Ultimate 98 octane
    Does it need that much octane the way it is currently set up?

got numbers for these blokes and area codes 2 please

[dunno but best fuel down hear and not that much more expansive then regualar 92 octane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information