Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 GTI 155 HP or Yamaha VX Deluxe

Just bought a house on a medium size ski lake (63+ acres and relatively calm)in Florida and wanted to get a fun family sit down. I realize the speed is going to be greater on the GTI but is it that noticeable. Also which would be more reliable and fun to toss around? I plan on also buying an 08 Superjet,(as far as a wild and crazy ride) so keep that in mind also. Thanks in advance for the input.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    DEFINITELY the GTI 155... no comparison, very striking difference between the two if u ask me...

i have a customer that bought exactly those two skis... they are trading in the VX after the season to get another GTI 155 in 08

I've never been on the Yamaha, but the GTI 155 is a great recreational ski. And it still goes fast enough to scare your kids!

No really, the GTI is big, it's very stable even with 3 people on, you can tow a tube or wakeboard no problem and hardly feel it but it still feels really fun. You can turn almost in your own length; the handling is amazing, it's just a fun recreational ski.

You may want to ask this on the Yamaha side as well...

I have a GTI 130hp. I have rode the Yammi, my friend has one. I definetly think the SD is better designed. The 130hp GTI beats his Yammi. And when we pull tubes, it seems much easier to do on the SD then my friends.

This is kinda an odd observation, but where we launch there is alot of weeds in the water. He always clogs really bad going through it, he ends up just cavitating and having to jump out and clean the grate off. I have never had a problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the replies. Any comments on which is easier to throw around, we know the Sea Doo is faster but does it feel smaller and lighter?

I don't think I have ridden a new 3 seater that is easy to throw around. They all feel like a log when trying to bust a move. I can whip the GTI around pretty good once I got the hang of it, you just gotta be going alot faster to powerslide it or anything. The funniest skis I have ever ridden are XP's and the Polaris SL line. They are great to throw around.

friend has the VX Deluxe, two of them that he bought..I rode it and did not like it much, way under power, and not very fun to ride, but I guess its ok for a rental ski .....I would go with the GTI 155, knowing how well the Sea-Doo rides....but I know one thing for sure is Yamaha is pretty sturdy, and their engine is top notch

I have the GTI SE 130 and 155, and both ski's handle well and are stable. I can out corner my friends RXT's. The 155 goes ok, I keep up him till we get to around 57 mph then he start pulling and I top out at 59mph.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWolf7017 View Post
    I have the GTI SE 130 and 155, and both ski's handle well and are stable. I can out corner my friends RXT's. The 155 goes ok, I keep up him till we get to around 57 mph then he start pulling and I top out at 59mph.
    Hmmmm... this begs for the question of "Can you out corner your friends when you are riding the RXT and they are riding the GTI?"

my dealer has a VX and a GTI so potential buyers can compare them when they do a demo ride, they always buy the GTI.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information