Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My opinion-Stock Sponson/Riva Sponsons,OPAS on,NO OPAS/Pro

So I tested a few of combos till now !

Stock Sponsons, OPAS on and stock grate my rxp trid to toss me out !!!!! when I installed Riva grate more side ways tossing with OPAS ON !! and in closed course racing with this setup it turns sharp as HELL !!!! Very impressive !!!

Stock Sponsons, NO OPAS(normal block offs) and Riva Grate for closed course racing you will spin out on each bouy even at slow speeds !! its like you have diesel under your wheels !!! Very bad combo

Riva Sponsons, NO OPAS(normal block offs) and riva grate handled great on top speed threw the chop !! a bit better in closed course racing but still it cant handle as good as the Stock Sponsons with OPAS ON

Riva Sponsons, NO OPAS(Pro Block offs) handling in closed course agian is better than riva sponsons ans normal block offs BUT still not as good as the stock setup !! and something else I noticed with the pro block off is that the ski handled very bad in striaght lines, it porposed all the time !!!!

Now I am going to try hopefully tomorrow OPAS ON with the RIVA sponsons !! I will post agian how it will handle , if it will do nothing for me I will have a set of Riva Sponsons for SALE and work out with the stock setup

This is all based on my opinion so maybe not everyone will agree

+1
    I found that stock the ski would want to throw me and break my wrist in turns. I then ran a loader. Didn`t feel as fast but stayed hooked up in chop. The added the wedge and removed OPas and it felt like I was riding on a pocket of air. A lil unstable but not nearly what stock was. Next I will be running GreenHulk pro block off`s with stock spnsons.

Re: My opinion-Stock Sponson/Riva Sponsons,OPAS on,NO OPAS/P

Quote Originally Posted by rxp_boy
    Riva Sponsons, NO OPAS(Pro Block offs) handling in closed course agian is better than riva sponsons ans normal block offs BUT still not as good as the stock setup !! and something else I noticed with the pro block off is that the ski handled very bad in striaght lines, it porposed all the time !!!!
    What was your trim set to? I have the Riva sponsons with Pro Blockoff and with the trim set at 2 clicks above neutral and experienced no porpoising while going WOT.

+1
    in my experience the pro blocks actually decreased porpoising.

trim 2 clicks above nuetral also

dont know why i really felt unstable with the pro block offs , very strange to me.

Will test the Riva sponsons with opas on and see if i like it or not

What year ski is this ?

2004 RXP

2004 RXP
    so they are the older style sponsons, not like 05 models?...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    2004 RXP
    so they are the older style sponsons, not like 05 models?...PR...
    Thats what I was getting at too. I wish someone would do back to back on a 04 and 05 ski to really tell the difference of the sponsons. I would go to an aftermarket sponson if I knew the benefits over the 05 sponsons. Safety mostly would be my concern. I like the ability to spin out even though it's a bit hard with the big butt of the RXT.

I can not confirm if BRP used the same bolt locations and spacing from 04 to 05. The fasteners are different, you see the ones on the 05`s. and I`m hearing that they work well, and it was a big improvement over the previous year. My 04 sponsons kept seperating (2pc) when riding aggresively...PR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information