+1

Cannot go faster than idle

06RXP
    I posted this in the general discussion area and have not gotten any feedback, so I figured I would try it here. if anyone could help it would be great.

The issue is that I cannot go any faster than idle. When I giive it any gas the ski does not do much besides vibrate pretty bad towards the back of the ski. Idles fine. I took the pump off and checked and there is nothing stuck in the area of the prop. I flipped the wear ring wheile I had it off.

The two times I have had it out it was running fine and then it feels like something let loose and I cannot go any faster than idle...

I have not done any mod's for at least 20 hours and the ski has ran fine.

Jim

Did you check other things:
    How`s the sc? did you pull off hose and check?
    are you getting good flow out the exhaust?
    what are the symptoms? does it bog, does it rev? does it rev and make noise?
    is the prop bent? cracked?
    if it`s not driveline related then you have to start looking elswhere...PR...

+1
    Try this...grab the engine at the back on the j-pipe side and pull up....does it move? Motor mount? Sounds of splines stripping and slipping above idle speed? Just throwing stuff in the air...........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Did you check other things:
    How`s the sc? Did not check the sc it is still whinning:did you pull off hose and check? has steel washers, but I can try that
    are you getting good flow out the exhaust?I flushed the ski after riding and noticed it seems normal
    what are the symptoms? It feels like if something was in the prop as I have had that happen several times before. i am still getting jet wash coming out normally when idling. does it bog, it does not bog, when on the trailer it revs normally without vibrating? does it rev? it will rev, but the ski shakes if I do anything more than idle. I have not revved to high for fear it will do more damage. does it rev and make noise? it does not make any abnormal noise
    is the prop bent? cracked?prop looked fine, and wear ring was not that bad when i flipped it.
    if it`s not driveline related then you have to start looking elswhere...PR...
    Is there anything esle in the drive line towards the engine that can make the drive shaft wobble...

Thanks for the suggestions P.R.

Jim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    Try this...grab the engine at the back on the j-pipe side and pull up....does it move? Motor mount? Sounds of splines stripping and slipping above idle speed? Just throwing stuff in the air...........

Good suggestion I will try that. i was thinking motor mount, but was unsure how to test. the ski has spent most of its life jumping heavy surf, so this is a good idea...

if the engine is lifting under load and the prop it wailing the wear ring, there would def be evidence on prop edges or wear ring...PR...

Pump bearing..... just went through the same thing. i couldnt move the prop at all looked good but under anything over idle just vibrated. Its an 06 also! I assume you checked the intake grate and tunnel while apart. The outer edges of the prop are prolly worn down from prop walk if ya have a ss wear ring. Mine went out while doing a midrange hit.

+1
    Ok so I tried the lifting up on the Jpipe and nothing did not budge at all...I also checked all the hoses and they are tight. I had a boost leak in the past and tightened them down recently.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    Pump bearing..... just went through the same thing. i couldnt move the prop at all looked good but under anything over idle just vibrated. Its an 06 also! I assume you checked the intake grate and tunnel while apart. The outer edges of the prop are prolly worn down from prop walk if ya have a ss wear ring. Mine went out while doing a midrange hit.
    Is there a way to check the pump bearings...I am assuming I can take the pump off and visibly check? Thanks for the idea's.

To be honest i couldnt tell nothing excpt the funky smell of the grease in there once I removed the c clip in side the pump. ONE more test for you!!!! TRY to tighten the impeller if it has any left that might be the problem. If that prop isnt super tight it WILL wobble causing vibration.....

Thread Information