Thread: 8150-8200

8150-8200

my rxp with the mods below is sitting on 8150 and rarely hitting 8200 on a stock ecu.
    am i going right in my assumption that the revs are too high and i need a different impeller (which one) or need to repitch the stock one (how much) to get the best top speed AND accellaration out of my ski?
    what is it with the impeller cone removal? what are the pros and cons?
    cheers

+1
    Pitch the prop about 1mm and you should be good. The nose cone removal has been shown to increase speed by a couple tenths of a mph. It seems like the faster your ski goes, the more you will gain by removing the cone. The downside is if you ride in salt water the corrosion will get to parts it wouldn't have before. Also, it's a little more difficult to get the pump on without a 2nd person to push the driveshaft up or down to get the prop to stick.

By the way, where have you been man? Living under a rock or hiding in a cave?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    my rxp with the mods below is sitting on 8150 and rarely hitting 8200 on a stock ecu.
    am i going right in my assumption that the revs are too high and i need a different impeller (which one) or need to repitch the stock one (how much) to get the best top speed AND accellaration out of my ski?
    what is it with the impeller cone removal? what are the pros and cons?
    cheers
    I would definately say you need to repitch if possible 1mm at a time till you drop in the 8100 range.......or if you're at the limit with pitching stepup to a steeper prop then pitch accordingly

yeh what JfizzleJR said

thanx guys!!!
    sorry, I had to go to Europe because of not so good family matters and had left for a long time.
    i didn't have the time nor the mood to think jetski during this time.
    I'm so glad to be back so
    cheers

+1
    Just FYI, me and my friend's ski are nearly identical in mod's (Stg 1 + RR impeller). He has a stock prop re-pitched and I have a 15/20R. We both turn 8100 rpm but I go 2.5 mph faster and have a WAY better hole-shot (his bangs the limiter out the hole). You CAN get the rev's right with the stocker, but it still won't be as good as a good aftermarket prop.

Mike

OK, that means either a 14/19 or 15/20, right?
    I'm racing and am looking for very good accellaration and give top speed not the highest importance.
    in other words, it should speed up as fast as it can and should reach the best top speed considering this.
    the other problem i wil encounter soon is that the first race of the seasonis at 1,200m (~3,600feet) and I'm normally riding at sea level.
    Now, does anybody have any experience in what I ned to change in order to get the ski set up perfect from sea level up the 1,200m?
    I have only one day to tune the ski right so I need to be prepared.
    I think I start a new threat.
    Cheers.

+1
    a sea level you should have a 14/19 4 blade riva stage I prop and tweak it for your 8100 rpms. you might want to see how low your rpms go when you go up 3600 ft in evlevation though. i guarantee they will go below 7900

Adjustable Nozzle

you need an adjustable nozzle setup.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=374

Thread Information