+1

Jetworks Mod Question ????

Hey guys,i have a jetworks kit on my ski but it is plumbed from the head instead of the strainer on the jet pump... I read the how to but have a question on hoses.. I have a 1/8npt-3/8 barb on strainer plate to high pressure 3/8 hose,now can i use the 1/2 inch from inside originally for the bilge or does it need to be high pressure also.....i have a 1/2 - 3/8 straight fitting to down size before jetworks valve,,,,also is there any concern on the hoses filling up with water fast enough considering we are using small fittings with 1/2 hoses ???? Thanks james

+1
    Go through the transom/syphon tube location.What year of ski? You need to have a bilge pump if you go this route.You need to use high pressure hose and a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter when going through the transom.1/4NPT to 3/8 barb on the strainer.
    Last edited by WATER WOODY; 10-16-2007 at 09:03 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james k View Post
    Hey guys,i have a jetworks kit on my ski but it is plumbed from the head instead of the strainer on the jet pump... I read the how to but have a question on hoses.. I have a 1/8npt-3/8 barb on strainer plate to high pressure 3/8 hose,now can i use the 1/2 inch from inside originally for the bilge or does it need to be high pressure also.....i have a 1/2 - 3/8 straight fitting to down size before jetworks valve,,,,also is there any concern on the hoses filling up with water fast enough considering we are using small fittings with 1/2 hoses ???? Thanks james
    you do have to get a fitting for the hose. I found mine @ Menards. If you cant find one let me know I bought more than one.

See post 135 here
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hlight=menards

+1
    I have the fittings to go from 1/2 to 3/8 and have some 1/2 highpressure hose,i was just wondering if we could use the 1/2 to the factory bilge but after reading the how to section again i see we do need to remove and replace with high pressure... ( Water Woody ) It is an 07 and i only use the electric bilge which works great... Can you guys tell me if you use a tru hull fitting for drain will there be an issue or do you absolutely have to use the stealth fitting,if so i cant find one local so far.... I would think that the stealth would also help pull the water out by creating a vacuum from the drain from top of stinger.....

+1
    No need to use a hull through fitting.Use the syphin tube(through the transom plate) that used to supply the vacuum bilge.Also,you need to JB weld/sylicone the tube in the exit nozzle.

+1
    Water Woody, i may have confused you guys a bit,i am doing the fernando mod where there is a drain at the bottom of stinger that routes over to a stealth fitting and ties into the drain from the water exiting the top of the stinger,,, Is this what you guys did or did you prefer another method....my bad, i mean bilge fitting to dump water overboard from the bottom of stinger not tru hull fitting,i am using the factory bilge fitting in transom to feed the water to valve from the strainer plate....I am just having trouble finding the stealth fitting and wonder if that water would still exit from the bottom going up to the back of the grab rail....thanks
    Last edited by james k; 10-16-2007 at 09:53 PM.

+1
    You have yours plumbed exactly how mine is. I used 3/8" high pressure hose from the pump strainer to the transom plate fitting. (old suction bilge fitting) Then I used a small piece of high pressure 1/2" hose to a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter. After the adapter the rest of the system is plumbed with 3/8" high pressure hose. I use the stealth fitting tapped into the upper stinger outlet hose about 3" in front of the transom plate for water exit. You can use a separate through hull fitting if the stealth adapter is not available or desired, it will not effect the jetworks operation at all if a separate exit is used. Hope this clears things up.

+1
    Cool, i am just going to dump it overboard not looking for a stealth any longer... I was installing an outlet for excess water from the head so it will be easy to just drill two holes behind the grab rail and run both hoses at the same time... thanks guys

Thread Information