Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian's Getting Ripped OFF!!!

OK, I'm pissed , just ordered a RXP-X with a list price of $16,900.00 the dealer knocked off $1,100.00 and since he's only getting in two units I felt that was a good token. What pisses me off is that if i lived 2.5hrs south in the US i would only have to pay $12,900.00 for the same unit, $4000.00 less that in my mind is criminal. Why is BRP screwing the Canadian, I'll tell you why BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!. I'm a Canadian tax payer and millions of our tax dollars went into this company to keep it from going bankrupt and this is the thanks we get......jerks! I've called Customer service 1-877-469-7433. The CS rep fed me a line that economics, prices are set over a year ago, they don't use the exchange in the formula etc... bottom line BECAUSE THEY CAN!! He did say that all these calls are getting logged and so I suggest every single Canadian who See's this call BRP and rip them a new one; maybe some of our US friends could call and do the same. I even threatened to start a class action suit; what the heck i have a corporate lawyer doesn't cost anything to inquire about such a thing. Oh and another thing, Canadian News ran a segment telling us that if an American dealer sells to a Canadian they could lose their dealer license; more crap. I also call the following, just because i can:
    Johanne Denault
    Manager, Communications & Public Affairs
    726, St-Joseph Street
    Valcourt, Quebec
    Canada J0E 2L0
    Telephone : (450) 532-5173
    Fax : (450) 532-5140

I have read a lot about this issue on this forum and the ATV forums, we will get rebates if enough of us call, so take the 2 min and call.

+1
    Please add your voice to the following thread. I will make sure BRP gets it.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40299

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    Please add your voice to the following thread. I will make sure BRP gets it.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40299

Done, thanks BOATADDICT!

so whats to stop someone in the US buying it then you buying it from them? does that effect the warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    so whats to stop someone in the US buying it then you buying it from them? does that effect the warranty?
    I'm not real sure but i think if the Canadian does that he runs into a problem if he registers it in Canada and then tries to get warranty. I have lots of good friends in the States that i could do this with; and may do as i never had to put a deposit on the one i ordered. I'm just bummed over BIG company messing with little consumer. My hope is that come time i need to pay for my unit BRP will have done the right thing and come out with a rebate program.

With the Loon stronger now have other big ticket items seen a drop in price, for example cars, electronics and so forth.

Just trying to understand if you guys are seeing the strength of the Loon or is it just on paper (so to speak)

Quote Originally Posted by wwerxp View Post
    I'm not real sure but i think if the Canadian does that he runs into a problem if he registers it in Canada and then tries to get warranty. I have lots of good friends in the States that i could do this with; and may do as i never had to put a deposit on the one i ordered. I'm just bummed over BIG company messing with little consumer. My hope is that come time i need to pay for my unit BRP will have done the right thing and come out with a rebate program.

If you have a US citizen buy it for you, and you buy it off of him/her there will be no issues other then your warranty will be voided when the ski comes into canada. Customs could care less that you bought a ski in the US. Just pay the taxes at the border and register it in Canada and you are good to go.
    I have called Canada customs, the boating registry and there is no issues with them. Boats are brought into Canada all the time as they are cheaper in the US. As long as the taxes are paid the government could care less. The road blocks are put in place by BRP....bastards.

Moderated
    16k is cheap.

in australia this years model is around 22K AUD and our dollar is trading at .89 cents USD and you think you're getting ripped off.

here in puerto rico they said it will be 18500 us

yeah, but seadoo's are made in Canada, thats what is the kicker.how would you like something being made in your country and only a couple hours from your house. and when you go to buy one it costs $4000 more then it does for someone who is in another country to buy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information