Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please tell me about the VX sport

I`ll be looking for a decent ski soon, kinda like the VX sport. I don`t really care about top end, but reliability and no break-downs are first on the list.
    what can you say about this ski?
    feel?
    power?
    top speed?

Thanks...PR...

What? nobody has one of these ski`s?...PR...

+1
    They are under powered...ssslooooooooowwwwww
    they are slow
    did i mention,they are slow?

As much as they cost,why not buy a used,low hour GPR and leave it stock?

+1
    PR I'll give you some info.This ski is very quiet and smooth with instant throtle response and crisp feel, it is a bit on the slower side but this is your toyota camry if you will on the comparo.Very reliable indeed and easy to maintain incl. oil changes and access to the filter.My neighbor has one and it is a good family/rec boat.

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    PR I'll give you some info.This ski is very quiet and smooth with instant throtle response and crisp feel, it is a bit on the slower side but this is your toyota camry if you will on the comparo.Very reliable indeed and easy to maintain incl. oil changes and access to the filter.My neighbor has one and it is a good family/rec boat.
    Has there been any engine issues with these ski`s?...PR...

+1
    Pale....
    $7600.00 + tax
    4.9 GPH sips the fuel
    1052cc 4 banger 4 stroke
    21:31 gear ratio
    touch over 700lbs dry

If you looking for just a 'cruiser',something to ride 3 up,and not concerned with speed/ecceleration,just something safe and fun,i would sat its something to look into.My previous statement about buying a used GPR was based on what i would do,and not what your looking for .But the GPR is not as stable as the VX by far.It is a good looking ski,no doubt.As far as reliability,i have no clue,and i dont know anyone who has one.I would dig a little deeper and get more info on it.Good luck to you,i hope you find a ski that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Pale....
    $7600.00 + tax
    4.9 GPH sips the fuel
    1052cc 4 banger 4 stroke
    21:31 gear ratio
    touch over 700lbs dry

If you looking for just a 'cruiser',something to ride 3 up,and not concerned with speed/ecceleration,just something safe and fun,i would sat its something to look into.My previous statement about buying a used GPR was based on what i would do,and not what your looking for .But the GPR is not as stable as the VX by far.It is a good looking ski,no doubt.As far as reliability,i have no clue,and i dont know anyone who has one.I would dig a little deeper and get more info on it.Good luck to you,i hope you find a ski that works out.
    woody, kudos bro!

I`m cornfused 21:31 ratio? you mean there is a reduction drive set-up for the pump? if so why?...PR...

+1
    Andy-yes there is a gear reduction on those(my 230 has the same motor platform)....there the MR1 engines Yami uses on their street bikes(which redline at 17K )....so the drive reduction lowers their rpm's...Also keep in mind they have open looped cooling...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post
    Andy-yes there is a gear reduction on those(my 230 has the same motor platform)....there the MR1 engines Yami uses on their street bikes(which redline at 17K )....so the drive reduction lowers their rpm's...Also keep in mind they have open looped cooling...
    Thanks KenDude! open loop is ok, less things to worry about, and you know me, I always flush! hahaha...

is this an issue with yami, has anyone blown the gear-set?...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Has there been any engine issues with these ski`s?...PR...

thus far nothing, think of it as a 4 cyl. camry, very simple and extremely reliable and coservative as heck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information