Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar

Kawi Xi SS vs Polaris SL

I have a friend that is looking at a 93 Kawasaki Xi SS. I also know of a 94 Polaris SL 750. I was curious if anyone knew what the specs were for the Kawi, and how it compared to the SL.

The Polaris is a two seater, Triple 750, triple mikuni 38's, trim, Speedo, Tach, Fuel Gauge, and runs about 49mph. This ski can carve pretty well and can get more air than any other ski I have been on. Runs great, new seat cover, new hydroturf, decent graphics. Wanting 950 w/trailer.

The Kawi comes with a trailer and has been sitting for a year now. He is wanting 900 for it. Unfortunately, i know nothing else about it.

Opinions???

Thats a good deal on the Polaris.

My Kawi 900 zxi only runs around 51mph.

What engine does that xi ss have in it?

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    I read somewhere that it had a double 750 with duel Keihns.

I am guessing that the Kawi will only run in the low to mid 40's

My vote goes to the Polaris.

+1
    yes, tell him to buy the polaris

(see my avatar)

I own a 94' 750 SS XI and It will do about 48-49 mph. I will not sell it for the world, you can lay it on its side and make some tight turns. I had an SL 780 which did about 55 mph and the Kawi would take it on launch and the SL would slowly pass it on top end. It is awesome in the 2-3 ft waves for getting air and I pull wake boarders with my 750 as well and it does great.

Kawi vs. Polaris?

Well, this is a good one. I CAN tell you with the SL 750 its a matter of time before you have problems with it if it hasn't been modified the way they routed the fuel lines. They need to be modded with another fuel pump running the front carb by itself and you have to tap for another pulse line and run the stock fuel pump on the back two. SBT has a kit for this. The way they route the lines is #3, #2, then #1 and what happens is by the time fuel gets to #1 cyl. pressure is low and eventually it will lean out and it was a HUGE problem with those Fuji motors. I will say that running properly the Polaris will outrun that model Kawi all day long and handle better but both are horrible in any kind of chop. The Kawi is a twin and will be bulletproof no matter what but its also a slight bit smaller than an SL so it depends on what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by STXR814 View Post
    Well, this is a good one. I CAN tell you with the SL 750 its a matter of time before you have problems with it if it hasn't been modified the way they routed the fuel lines. They need to be modded with another fuel pump running the front carb by itself and you have to tap for another pulse line and run the stock fuel pump on the back two. SBT has a kit for this. The way they route the lines is #3, #2, then #1 and what happens is by the time fuel gets to #1 cyl. pressure is low and eventually it will lean out and it was a HUGE problem with those Fuji motors.

All you need is a triple outlet fuel pump new fuel lines an possibly a new fuel selector switch. You DON'T have to tap a new pulse line. It is an easy upgrade if it hasn't been done already.

Thread Information