Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need some help guys, Lost 500rpm

I`ve lost about 500rpm somewhere,only getting to 7640 rpm and 69 mph with a 15/20 and have seen over 8000 easily with this set up ( tach only reads to 8000 on the 03) tach would read 8000 and you could hear the rpms continue to increase. Not any more.Checked the clutch slip,perfect,boost levels correct for rpms,checked compression, 145 and even,checked cyl leak down,only 3% leakage.Ski feels like its running fine it just seems to have lost its edge. Any ideas guys????

+1
    Go over your air intake make sure you have no leaks....
    Just thinking out loud....Um make sure you have quality gas in it...Sometimes Reg. gas can drop rpm's although maybee not by 500 rpm's...Check your intake grate...I had one break on me once....And I lost rpms....T.O.P.S sensor....Just a few things off the top of my head...

Two2,Gas is good, internals of T.O.P.S valve removed,boost indicates no leaks on pressure side.Tell more about your intake grate,what brand and where/how did it break. I have a worx one and I noticed that it had bent down at the point where the 2 strakes meet the flat part that bolts to the ride plate. It had come down about 1/4-3/8 inch. I removed it and straightened it out but it just bent down again,figured it was costing me a bit of top speed but didn`t worry about it to much as I`ve been looking elsewhere for my missing rpm.Could this be my problem?

+1
    could be a leak in the pump shoe then if water is getting forced up there...But I don't think you would lose 500 rpm's from it...I could be wrong...how is your oil level...Did you TRIPPLE check it....

+1
    What's the air temp? Sounds like heat fade.

Check the wear ring for burn

Wear ring has a little bit of wear but that should only cost me a tiny bit of top speed not the 500rpms.
    Air temps in the late 60s. Its not a heat fade issue the rpms have gone alltogether not just as the ski gets hot.
    Checked the oil level a number of times and its right in the middle. Could the intake grate hanging down be overstuffing the pump? Could it be coming down even further as the speed increases?

Wondering if its electrical,knock sensor or somthing? The ski`s just lost its snap at the top end,it will beat a stock RXP out the hole but then just stays with it.

+1
    so let me get this straight....your intake grate is pulling out of the pump shoe???? Or is it physically bent down??? Either one of those will scrub rpms... I found that the stock intake grate is MUCH better for our ski's by the way...I lost speed with the 2 aftermarket intake grates I tried...As well as the pump wedge....

Yes, the two bolts that screw into the front of pump shoe is where its bent down. The bolts that go in the very front and rear of the grate are fine. So looking from side on the grate is bent in a Banana shapeslightly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information