Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink 72.5 mph stock 06 rxp

i took one of my stock rxp's out today with my new ifinder pro 2. Had 14 gallons in the tank, which is 7 bars, which is 7/8 of tank. was a 5mph wind and slight chop. about 85 degrees. Dont know what the humidity was. trim'ed all the way up. 72.3-72.5 consistently. I know most of you wont believe me but i will make a video of it this week to prove it. but i just thought i would share some of my glory, since i am very proud of her. . I cant wait for cool weather because it means cold air, no chop whatsoever, and i will do a top speed run with only 1/4 tank.

Please give her a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Camy1448 View Post
    i took one of my stock rxp's out today with my new ifinder pro 2. Had 14 gallons in the tank, which is 7 bars, which is 7/8 of tank. was a 5mph wind and slight chop. about 85 degrees. Dont know what the humidity was. trim'ed all the way up. 72.3-72.5 consistently. I know most of you wont believe me but i will make a video of it this week to prove it. but i just thought i would share some of my glory, since i am very proud of her. . I cant wait for cool weather because it means cold air, no chop whatsoever, and i will do a top speed run with only 1/4 tank.

Please give her a hand.

Sorry bro, no offense, but I refuse to believe this until you line up against a stage 1 RXP and hang with it or in your case beat it.

I especially find this hard to believe considering that you were trimmed all the way up. This is the first time I have heard of anyone getting their best speeds at full trim. 99.9% of everyone on here gets their best speeds at one or two clicks above neutral. 14 gallons seems like a stretch especially in 85 degree weather.

Are you using a GPS? Was this going down river with the current? Did you go the other way to back up the run?

Sorry for being critical, that's just my nature. If I am wrong then sweet, more power to you and congrats.

Rider weight 105?? wow - u never know

Quote Originally Posted by MyGreenGumby View Post
    Rider weight 105?? wow - u never know
    Im 160 and my ski ran 68.8 stock 68+ consistantly all summer.....If 55 lbs. makes that big of a difference don't you think everyone on here would be going crazy over saved weight? We've found that it doesnt make that BIG of a difference. We're talking 4+mph faster than a normal stocker here!

There was no current. It was a lake. The reason it is trimmed all the way up is because of an electrical problem. My RXP reprogrammed itself thinking it is a GTX. It even has the depthfinder showing. Yes it was gps.

+1
    I'd say it's possible based on the fact that no ski is the same. I bet there's horsepower difference even between skis only one off in HIN #. I'll pull mine out and it's entirely possible that mine could be four maybe five bigger...I mean faster. It's just how we're made. I'm sure weight is a factor as well as aerodynamics so maybe we should focus on circumshaving our hulls rather than making sure our shafts are sealed.

In all seriousness maybe the electrical problems have remapped the ECU to RR mapping? Exposed to high levels of gamma radiation - oh wait, that has already been done by Bruce Banner, I mean Jerry Gaddis - the Greenhulk

Hay brother you should cheak you speedometer .. i don't think you get this speed from the GPS becuse its very diffrent if you get it from your speedo meter ... I got 80 mile on the speedometer but in GPS i only got 72.2 Mile.
    beside that you RXP is completly stock ... How come you get that fast with no mode ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Camy1448 View Post

Please give her a hand.

+1
    I believe you bro,my 04 was doing the same stock,jerry even gps it at that speed.

I'm with kid on this and callin bullchit....

I will agree that every ski is different but were talking quite a difference here... and 55 lbs is the culprit???

Prove it with a vid GPS run and then come back....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information