Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

first ride of the season tested new 14/19 solas prop

went out to riding for the first time this season, to make sure everything is ok, and to test out my rpms for the 14/19 riva solas prop.

on my rxp the L temp was at 41-42, and the E-temp was 62-61
    it was 15 degrees celcius here with sun shine. flat water.

started her outside the water after spraying bombardier lube in the new wear ring and new solas prop i saw no shaving what so ever from the wear ring perfect fit.

put her in the water and warmed her up properly then gave her WOT TOP RPMS WAS 8100, gps it with a garmin gps 2 had a hard time seing the speed while holding it in one hand i briefly saw 68 mph but not sure.

i noticed that acceleration was different from my stock prop with the riva stage 1 kit. or it was just me that was exited to finnally back on the water.

ALSO noticed after i took her out of the water looking under into the riva intake grate that the stock cone on the solas had a bit of space between the shaft and the cone on one side i think i will get that cheked.

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ? ANY ANSWER WILL HELP

THANK YOU

+1
    I was only getting 68 and change on mine as well. I used to get better results with the stocker. I ended up using the stock cone as well because I have misplaced the box with the stock prop and the solas cone in it.
    I am kinda dissapointed with it.

yes i was running 71.2 to 71.6 on the stocker prop with the stage 1 riva

it seemed tho that aceleration was better with the solas but i saw 68 briefely on the gps

is this normal?

Dave, the only thing i could think of for you to di is PM greenhulk and maybe he could throw one of his special pitches on your prop and get you back up thur!

yes i will pm him thanks the down side is that i will loose the prop for couple of weeks and shiping will be expensive from canada to jerry i know he helped a lot of people in this forum pitching their prop.

+1
    I got my 14-19 from Jerry and he pitched it for me before he sent it my way. And I gained 2mph over my stock prop. I was at 70 with the RRIC and stock prop and with the solas I went to 72.2mph and a whole heck of allot more pull.
    I will ride again tomorrow to verify this again, but maybe it just needs a touch of pitch taken out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire
    I got my 14-19 from Jerry and he pitched it for me before he sent it my way. And I gained 2mph over my stock prop. I was at 70 with the RRIC and stock prop and with the solas I went to 72.2mph and a whole heck of allot more pull.
    I will ride again tomorrow to verify this again, but maybe it just needs a touch of pitch taken out of it.

thanks for responding you mentioned that you are runing now 72.2 with the rotax racing intercooler RRIC RIGHT? i guess also where you are from makes a difference in perfomace ran 71.2 with stocker 3/4 gas tank. and saw 68 with solas out of the box.

i forgot to mention that my gas tank was at full with a bit of fresh gas maybe $15 worth the rest was from winterization with the addition of fuel stabelizer.

+1
    Yes,let jerry put his pitch on that solas 14/19,it is a magic touch that will make the different's.I saw a 150 rpms more at top end with his pitch and a hole shot out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by buddydoo
    Yes,let jerry put his pitch on that solas 14/19,it is a magic touch that will make the different's.I saw a 150 rpms more at top end with his pitch and a hole shot out of this world.
    i am already seing 8100 rpm but 68 mph and good acceleration even with the repitch i could probebly hit the rev limiter wich i thaught was 8200rpms?

thanks

+1
    I'm seeing 8150 rpms with every thing you have but the air intake,top end at 72.8 on the gps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information