Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Abbott Crash Video

Vid isn't all that good. The camera has the gun in it most of the time, but as she lowers it, you can see my water splash still in the air an you can hear it too so turn your volume up.

I am starting to wonder if the damage to the grate actually started on the first run because it was smooth but the second run was bouncy and never really seemed to get any faster than 83 and change. It's almost like the damage was getting worse and worse as the 2nd run went on, then about half way .....snap! And off I go. Who knows...

I may never know how this started, but I know how it ended, unfortunately.

Here is the link>>>> http://media.putfile.com/JOHN-ABBOTT...---LAY-LAKE-AL

+1
    John,the grate was broke already on the second run.You can hear the ski bouncing,trying to unhook.Has it always done that? The water looked real smooth.I think it was coming apart before the video was taken,thats why you couldnt get any more speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    John,the grate was broke already on the second run.You can hear the ski bouncing,trying to unhook.Has it always done that? The water looked real smooth.I think it was coming apart before the video was taken,thats why you couldnt get any more speed.
    No, It has never bounced like that --- but i was the idiot that kept giving it gas and never got out of it.............well i did get out of it, just not the way i wanted to.

Water couldn't have been any smoother. I could have driven the first run with one hand.

+1
    John - Thanks for sharing with all of us. You are making a HUGE contribution to this sport.

+1
    OMG !

WOW looks like the ski took a complete 90 degree turn!

+1
    Like Woody Said. You Can Actually Hear It Getting Ready To Let Go. I Think It Was Shaking The Entire Time And Then Snap. Glad Your Okay John, At Least In The Sense That Your Alive Buddy

+1
    So glad your alright John.Just hearing the sound of the crash makes me sick to my stomach.These damn grates! I was looking at this in another view.....Not only your life was at risk,imagine what would/could have happened IF there was another ski close to you when it went 90* and collided with it. Help is on the way.THANK YOU JERRY!

Moderated
    John

Please go buy some lottery tickets.

Also , where there any signs other then it unhooking before it crashed, like any unusual noises or bad vibrations etc...??

I am asking so we can clearly see any warning signs that may be a definite precursor to these grates failing.

You can hear it quite clearly from the video but what did it sound like to you on that second run?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    John

Please go buy some lottery tickets.

Also , where there any signs other then it unhooking before it crashed, like any unusual noises or bad vibrations etc...??

I am asking so we can clearly see any warning signs that may be a definite precursor to these grates failing.

You can hear it quite clearly from the video but what did it sound like to you on that second run?

couldn't tell, but I was really confused about the rapid bouncing because I had just run a long run that was perfect.

The last thing I heard was the pop--and it sounded like an empty coke can and someone thumps the side of it really hard. But if that is any indicator, then people will be in the water by the time they hear something like that. No vibrations, just the bounce (really fast bounce too, not like a "buck").

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information