Thread: 07 Wake 155hp
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM #1
07 Wake 155hp
Need some input on what upgrades to add for more speed.
10-19-2007, 12:00 AM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
There's no big aftermarket for the non-supercharged skis, but with some reasearching, you'll find some stuff. Check out this thread here:
Mountain GTI has a 130 HP GTI, but it's just a detuned 155 and everything still applies. Just off the top of my head, here are some things you can still do:
- Free mods (fill ride plate and intake grate holes, check the How-To section) trim the reverse bucket, adjust throttle cable, block up the OPAS, make sure your oil level is right, etc. You can gain 1 or 2 MPH from free mods alone. Check out the thread "70 MPH RXT on free mods", he gets really into it.
- Make your own custom air intake. Lots of threads on here about that. Should give you more RPM and 1 or 2 MPH.
- Intake grate. The Riva grate is supposed to add some top speed and it keeps you hooked up better for higher speed in choppy water and better handling.
- OPAS block-offs. You can get all sorts of different ones, check out 4-tecperformance.com. Reduces drag for more top speed and less "hunting" in choppy water and waves. You loose the OPAS function, but I'm not sure how much mine does anyway.
- Pump wedge. This goes between your pump and nozzle to "trim up" your nozzle, lifting the bow for less drag and around a 1 MPH gain. It's not a great idea for people who tow skiers and tubers, however, and you've got a Wake, soo....
- Exhaust. Look in the Tip of the Day section for the waterbox mod. You can gut your waterbox (muffler) for a bit less restriction, and you can buy a thru-hull exhaust kit too. Check 4-tecperformance.com.
- Prop. Buy an aftermarket one, or have yours pitched if you can't get near the rev limiter (7600 for you) with yours now.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By highvoltage in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 04-30-2012, 10:04 AM
By wateranimal in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-26-2006, 07:32 PM
By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 07-17-2005, 12:19 PM
By 818RXP in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 22Last Post: 07-15-2005, 06:14 PM
By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 06-12-2005, 07:54 AM