Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4 degree wedge

4 degree wedge

This was just for a try, but it did give a little top end and I finally broke 70 I put 2 lx wedges in. The bottom bolts had to be longer, and I had to take the reverse bucket off. I was running low 69s before. With the extra wedge I recorded 70.3 on gps. The handling was not greatly affected. I think the riva plate made it harder to turn than the stock one. It was kinda fun getting this ski to leave the water on bigger wakes. I only ride on a river, mostly glass with a few days with 1-2 foot wakes. So I'm not sure how this will work on rough water

+1
    I would bet you in rough water you will hate the 4 degrees with the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    I would bet you in rough water you will hate the 4 degrees with the plate.

I hate the plate period. with the plate and wedge it felt like I was riding my ultra 150. with just the plate, long trips in light chop were quite annoying.

The Riva plate also affected the turning ability in a negative way over the stock plate. nice try Riva, loved the 2 mph on glass but thats what I have an ultra 150 for...

One Question

What are must people doing with the bov? R&D says block it off. Riva says they do not beleive in that. Is it worth blocking off? Or is it worth taking it apart and adjusting it? I did junk up my intercooler, so i washed it out and the boost seem to come back. With no gauge to test this, I was just wondering some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by PROJECT X View Post
    What are must people doing with the bov? R&D says block it off. Riva says they do not beleive in that. Is it worth blocking off? Or is it worth taking it apart and adjusting it? I did junk up my intercooler, so i washed it out and the boost seem to come back. With no gauge to test this, I was just wondering some opinions.

Hey man you high jacked your own thread.

Try keeping this one on topic and start a new thread if you have another question to discuss.

Damn! you are hard on us Skip!

Trying to keep this one on track as it can offer some real good information.

Like 4 degree changing pump pressure
    Like 4 Degree with Riva Ride plate raising RPM's
    Like 4 degree causing cavitation

I was watching it start off good then he changed the channel on us.

+1
    I have 4 two degree wedges to play with. I wonder if I stacked 3 of them how things woul turn out. 2 to negate each other and one more for the two degrees.

Also, it looks like and maybe it is an illusion, the cone is not centered in the nozzle. It appears to me it sits lower than center. I wonder how a 2 degree flipped would work with the riva plate.

I have no time for testing again until January I am guessing.

Wilson as always your hitting the nail on the head.

This missmatch your seeing is a crutial part to the pump design. Its what offers better pump pressures and higher speed. Skat Pump's fire straight but offer less top speed partly because of this offset.

The volume of the pump is crutial to top speed. The faster you get water in and out the faster you can go. More water in the pump will make more pressure on the prop which in return drops RPM's

Soon R&D will have pump tunning cones for top speed or low end punch that will not cause cavitation.

DONE

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Hey man you high jacked your own thread.

Try keeping this one on topic and start a new thread if you have another question to discuss.
    SKIP
    I DO NOT KNOW YOU. PERSONAL I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK OF YOU. I LIKE THIS SITE, I HAVE LEARNED ALOT......I think the small number of locals on this site make it intimatading for any one to ask question. I always get addicted to sites like this when I buy some thing new.
    Last edited by The Bandit; 10-21-2007 at 08:21 AM. Reason: swearing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information