Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

anyone ever hit a fish

With all the bad vibes going around concerning r&d grates I was sitting here woundering if anyone has ever hit a biological , that would be any living fish,snake,turtle,etc causing dammage to hull or grate area....I for one think that a big snapping turtle would f--k up a ski , Now im not defending r&d or yamaha , I was just thinking about how damm fast my ski is going accross the water and a fish cant swim over 70 mph that I know of. so you hit the fish and cause a little stress riser in the aluminum grate ? just thinking out loud....do you think a bass would do more dammage than a crappie or would you go for an aligator gar as the king of smash...I know this sounds like satire but I really think that if you hit a big marine critter it can cause dammage........for example : my last boat had a merc efi 150 with a torque shift prop ( 1 1/8 shafts) the blades swivel up for more pitch on 1 1/8 inch stainless pins, I was hauling ass in 50 feet of water when "bop" something caused one of the blades to completely break off the hub? just food for thought

+1
    Yea, my wife was riding this summer and a mullet jumped up and caught her on her arm/shoulder area. She had a real nasty bruise for weeks.

Fish are scary because they could definitely render you unconcious and/or kill you

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i've hit a seagull that cracked my goggles and busted the visor on my helmet.....

+1
    never hit a fish yet but almost knocked-out a couple of dolphins around here, we ride in a place called lovers key its all flat water back in the bay and you gotta be carefull early in the morning and at sunset cause thats when the dolphins are feeding and they're everywere and they'll pull out right in front of you, and riding at 70 with a dolphin in front of you will freak you out it seems like your gonna hit them but they'r pretty quick and manage to get out my way just in time. hopefully no one ever hits one cause i think it will be worse than a grate exploding

Hitting a fish jumping out of the water has been one of the things that scare me and have not really admited it to anyone else. The Hudson River now has a sizeable population of sturgon. Now these are big long ugly fish that can live almost a hundred years and can grow up to 6 feet. Severl times I've been cruising along and one jumped up into the air a few feet to the right or left of me. Getting clubbered by one in the head is a scary thing when tooling along at 40 plus.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I imagine that at the very least one would suffer sever facial wounds or get knocked uncontious..........not a very pleasant thing to happen on a river that is not only wide, but long and often times free of boat traffic.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    hit a sting ray.

+1
    Back when Cajundude still had a ski, we were blasting around a lake when a big fish jumped up, bounced off his windscreen, and smacked him in the head. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    I like to come up on geese sitting in the water and ski next to them, they fly up the channel at about 30 mph, usually low to stay out of the wind. it has crossed my mind that i could hit a fish that jumps out of the water, and it would be humorous to see happen if everyone was ok.

African-American
    +1

Angry

Where i dock my ski, is right next to some lovely reeds where the fish insist on gathering.

Nothing like blipping the throttle and watching the mangled bits float. Stupid fish, my water not yours

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Back when Cajundude still had a ski, we were blasting around a lake when a big fish jumped up, bounced off his windscreen, and smacked him in the head. I never laughed so hard in my life.
    I can picture that!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information