Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Riva reduction Nozzle

Does this upgrade justify the $300 price tag?

+1
    Does it come with a set of different size mm rings?? If not--no its not worth it. I obtained the Skat-Trac venturi with six ring sizes for less the Riva's price.

+1
    It comes with 3 different sized rings. This should be high on your list of priorities on a modified ski. You will get your best speeds when pitched for max RPM with the 81 mm ring

How does the smaller ring (80 or 81) affect getting to top speed versus the stock 83? Like if you come unhooked does the ski get the speed back quick or does it feel like it needs to build up again?

I'm thinking about getting the nozzle, but thinking about pitching for the 83 still and using the 81mm for cooler temps.

I would think, in the event you come unhooked a tighter nozzle will take longer getting back to full speed than a wide nozzle....but you'll be going faster top end with a tighter nozzle.

No?

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    I would think, in the event you come unhooked a tighter nozzle will take longer getting back to full speed than a wide nozzle....but you'll be going faster top end with a tighter nozzle.

No?
    Yeah I know that, but I'm curious as to how noticible it is. Is it not that big of a difference or is it? If I'm drag racing and come unhooked I want to be back to top speed ASAP.

I dunno....figure you're doing 75....hit a wake...it takes a full sec to get back to full speed.

or

You're doing 74.5....hit a wake....it takes half a sec to get back to full speed.

It seems like a trade off still....wider...faster outa the hole...quicker hook-up in the event you become "un" hooked. Tighter nozzle will get you higher top speed yet take longer to get there and slower recovery if you get un-hooked.

Maybe one of the lousianna grudge racers around here will chime in?

I just don't like sacrificing holeshot, hookup, or acceleration throughout the RPM range if at all possible. I'm not so much a top speed guy as much as how quick I can get there and maintain it. I like giving the other guy a tough time trying to catch up.

That's why I'm thinking getting it and still pitching for the 83mm during the summer, because that's usually when I drag the most. Then in the fall when the cooler temps arrive and my RPM go up I can throw in the 81mm and go for top speed.

Well...like GH has mentioned it's a mod not for everyone. (like myself...yet) If you aren't able to max out your r's there's no real + to it.

+1
    Any time you choke down the nozzle (smaller ring) acceleration suffers a bit. BUT, with the 81 mm acceleration is not diminished that much. I love the 81 mm ring as i find it gives me the best of both worlds. Best top speed with excellent acceleration. Also, i find i would cavitate out of the hole with the stock size (83mm) whereas with the 81 there was little to no cavitation.

I have run as small as a 79 and 80 mm ring and the decrease in acceleration is very noticeable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information