Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

New Gen. Rotax Racing ECU = BEST MONEY SPENT

ya see this product right here?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=283

BUY ONE! oh man, i'm in love with it.

Not that I have speeds to boast yet, but i WILL...

current setup and stock ECU = 7950 RPMS

current setup unchanged and RR ECU = 8000 RPMS with a 2.1 mph gain

you know what that means!??!!? i gained speed at the same RPMS pretty much, and i have another 300-400 rpms to squeeze out of my ski which equals more speedddddd

I've run the RR ECU before, but did things a little different today and noticed the following RIGHT AWAY....

smoother acceleration, smooth running at idle, higher top speed, and a WICKED f'n sound ... it jsut woke the ski up like never before. the exhaust tone changed, the snap and response of the machine changed, it just tied the whole package together incredibly... even though my speeds were not satisfying (temporarily), the performance of the ECU, it's sound, and smoothness just blows me away

oh and PS.... my ski sounds so freakin sickkkkkkkk hit_it.gif cut J-pipe, modded waterbox, RR ECU, and some other goodies.

+1
    which prop are you running?

its time for a tweaked 15/20

+1
    14/18.5 i think? originally a 14/19, but i bought it from Frank (peteshauling) right after he sent it to skat for a repitch and race finish... i have NO CLUE what pitch it is.

just can feel something not right in the driveline / pump with current setup ... it accelerations pretty good from the holeshot, but i know there's more there just from the way it doesn't full snap you back and grab the water. no cavitation, but just that feeling in the ski that it could be grabbing better... 15/20 going to bring rpms up that much?? that's gonna need ALOT of pitch taken out of it, no?

here's the details:

Thru-hull exhaust, 4" air intake, stock ECU, SOLAS unknown pitch, NOPAS, wedge, stock nozzle = spike 71.2 .... i wanna call it a 70.8 or so consistent

NOW.... i added and changed things...

thru-hull, modded waterbox and j pipe, stock ECU, ebay intercooler, 81mm nozzle, SOLAS unknown pitch, NOPAS, wedge, filled rideplate holes and sanded rideplate, grate grinded a little to be a lil closer to being flush with rideplate = 68.7 @ 7950

NOW.... added RR ECU to above setup and everything else remained constant...

70.8 @ 8000 rpms

what gives?.... leaking boost? bad prop? bad intercooler?

i'm really anxious to test the GreenHulk skegs for you guys, but i feel like i need to get the ski running a little better before i just slap the skegs on and call em results

+1
    oh yea..... who here has a New Generation RR ECU and flushes their ski after riding? or even runs the ski on the trailer with the RR ECU....

can you say with 100000% certainty what your idle RPMs are OUT of the water??

+1
    put an out of the box 15/20 on there and tell me what your RPM's are.

I ran my stock prop today with the XSPOWER IC and had about 67 at 8150. I need my impeller back from impros. He'll probably be putting a 14/19 on it.

Can't wait till you get it tuned out. Sounds like you will have a beast. I bet you get around 74.

So far I can't tell that the new reflash performs any better than my rr racing ecu that I have had for 2 years.

+1
    David, it should be a night and day difference. "mind blowing" difference.

Jerry, I went out with both 1st gen rr ecu and new reflashed rr ecu. I ran the new one (for a baseline with rpms and gps reading)and immediatly hooked up the older ecu so I was testing with exact same setup and conditions. There was very little difference between them. The 1st gen rr ecu felt a litlle stronger in the mid range and the new reflash was about 50 rpms more on top. So either I have a very good 1st gen ecu or they did not reflash my new one or there is not much difference.

+1
    David, that is strange. The new version ECU blew my mind on my setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information