Thread: Rxp-x Mods

Rxp-x Mods

Hi!
    I am a newbie that has ordered a RXP-X (rode alot of jets, but never owned one) and are trying to find out all about mods. Want to have my jet to go as fast an handel as good as possibel

I know its to early to say, but what is the most likely best mods to do. Ranged from the cheapest to the most expensive?
    After reading up, this is what I think I would do (but have noe clue)

-Fill in the rideplate holes
    -OPAS Block off
    -sponsors (worx) (beacause that is what my dealer offers)
    -pump wedge
    -Intake grate (worx) (same reason)
    -Impeller (skat trak) (same reason)

what is your guess for top speed on this set up?
    Is there other cheap/free mods?
    would anyone use different manufactures? why?

Thumbs up Get this mods first

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Hi!
    I am a newbie that has ordered a RXP-X (rode alot of jets, but never owned one) and are trying to find out all about mods. Want to have my jet to go as fast an handel as good as possibel

I know its to early to say, but what is the most likely best mods to do. Ranged from the cheapest to the most expensive?
    After reading up, this is what I think I would do (but have noe clue)

-Fill in the rideplate holes
    -OPAS Block off
    -sponsors (worx) (beacause that is what my dealer offers)
    -pump wedge
    -Intake grate (worx) (same reason)
    -Impeller (skat trak) (same reason)

what is your guess for top speed on this set up?
    Is there other cheap/free mods?
    would anyone use different manufactures? why?
    what you list is what you need at first diffrent size pump impeller size 15/20 , and intake grate for handling go with riva spons opas block off and Grogo Intercooler water strainer kit costom 4" Air intake.

Is the pump, prop, and grate a different size from prior models?

+1
    Grate is different...thinking the pump is the same though the jury is still out on that one because the BRP literature is saying it's a high performance pump.

Crusty - don't be so quick to buy just what your dealer sells. I realize it might be easier to include in the total purchase price but there are items that arguably might be better and same price if not cheaper right here on this forum. Check out on the left column of this forum and click on "Online Store" and see what's out there for the RXP...but know that not everything will be the same for the X, though most things having to do with hull will be the same (sponsons, block offs, mats, NOT the seat cover though and the exhaust will be different somewhat).

The reason why I would prefer to by the brand that my dealer has, is because I think it would be easier if something go wrong with the jet...

He probably would be more helpful to handle problems as a productionfailure and use the warranty to fix it, than if I have bought all the stuff from the nett.

But when that is said, I would have my jet to be as fast and good as possibel, so please inform about the best options
    It would be great with a debate regarding to which manufacture that has the most effective mods.

Why is riva intake grate best? or why is Worx intake grate best? etc...etc..

+1
    Well there's no grate for the RXP-X as of yet so the best will most likely be the first one out and I'm guessing that will be Riva. I prefer the quality of the Riva Sponsons, but that's having had them on my RXP before. And unless you're dealing with engine internals, I wouldn't worry about problems or issues regarding handling products. Sponsons and intake grates typically just bolt on and do what they do.

+1
    My advice is to wait until the production model "X" skis are in the owners hands. Don't jump into buying performance accessories that may actually hinder the performance. See what works and what doesn't work....sure your dealer will try to sell you what he has to offer. He doesn't care if it performs well or not.

Richard

Yes offcourse I will wait and see when I get it. I don`t by mods before I have tried the jet

Im just trying to learne all about them, so when I get one, it would be easier to know what to do to make it better. It would alsowe be easier to discuss mods with my dealer when I have a little knowlegde myself.

Since I don`t get my jet before march, I guess there will be alot of info on this website on what mods that works, and what not, before I have even tried mine
    Last edited by Crusty; 10-20-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Thread Information