Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4 inch intake questions

Looking at a number of posts and at the ski today the concept is straight forward.

Did you leave the original air intake in or remove it?

By the silencer there is an electronic/electical component mounted on the piping (see attached)

What is that and what is done with it when installing the new intake?

thanks
    scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	42491  

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Looking at a number of posts and at the ski today the concept is straight forward.

Did you leave the original air intake in or remove it?

By the silencer there is an electronic/electical component mounted on the piping (see attached)

What is that and what is done with it when installing the new intake?

thanks
    scott
    Scott, that's the 12 volt rectifier, It can be mounted pretty much anywhere the cord will reach. I just made a little aluminum plate, like is included in the riva 3" intake kit, bent to lift it up about 3/4" above the hull and mounted it on the hull just behind the front storage compartment. I removed the original air intake, but it is fine to leave it in...most 4" will fit over it if you bring them up front.
    Here's mine, post 35:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=aluminum+pipe

I'm happy with it...

Dman that intake is slick

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Dman that intake is slick
    Thanks!! About $80. Before that I used the kanaflex hose with the 90 degree elbow, a 4" coupler and the SS filter. It worked fine. A friend built the aluminum one, I saw it and liked it. It may have a little edge over the kanaflex hose which is corrogated. The alum is solid and smooth inside.

+1
    lafjax that aluminum setup is the coolest looking intake around... I wonder—what do you think an RXT would gain in performance from installing just that 4 inch, nothing else...

...on a stock sc...I didn't see a thing....wish I could say different.

+1
    i personally just left that whole portion of the stock intake along the fuel tank on to help hold the tank as well and then u DONT have to move that electrical condensor! just a thought! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i personally just left that whole portion of the stock intake along the fuel tank on to help hold the tank as well and then u DONT have to move that electrical condensor! just a thought! good luck!
    you really should have cool air flowing over the heat sink in the rectifier!!!
    that`s why it`s mounted in the air box. when switching to the riva air filter kit and utilizing the included bracket for the rectifier it will still see cool air bc it will draft from the opening in front of the seat...PR...

that heat sink gets hot!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    you really should have cool air flowing over the heat sink in the rectifier!!!
    that`s why it`s mounted in the air box. when switching to the riva air filter kit and utilizing the included bracket for the rectifier it will still see cool air bc it will draft from the opening in front of the seat...PR...

that heat sink gets hot!!!

PR i got TWO of the lil aluminum brackets to mount it to the battery base are u saying i should move mine out by the battery rather than leave it in the stock position since i removed the stock air intake? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    PR i got TWO of the lil aluminum brackets to mount it to the battery base are u saying i should move mine out by the battery rather than leave it in the stock position since i removed the stock air intake? thanks!
    well I would mount the rectifier where Riva says to mount it, you`ll still have flow in the hull to cool it down some...
    I know on the GTX it was mounted to the back side of the storage compartment removable panel sorta beneath the hull intake opening...
    I`m not familiar where the battery is on the RXP`s, aren`t they up front?...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information