Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Speeds keep on coming !!!

I am more impressed each time out on the 07 1300...I was happy after installing the new mods with the 73.8 mph from 66.0 mph before but chip and i have spent alot of time along with Jims Performance discussing ride plate and trim tab angles etc.....We pitched the 13/19 dynafly to 13/21 and made passes at about 74.2 with stock tabs and plate at 1.060 and was o.k. but in the chop was a bronco,we changed shims and angles so much i was going crazy and just wanted to ride in rough water or smooth and was wanting to put down the wrench and relax... Well,after a day or so i was like what the hell and take the plate to 1.000 and shim the tabs .170 and will not have to wonder how it will handle rough water any longer,chip said to do this several times but i just wanted the speed,but here is the kicker: with this plate angle and trim tab set-up i was able to pull 75.2mph and handles so much better... I thought well that is all the ski has and started playing with some other mods like changing the standard jetworks over to the fercho mod and while i had the battery box out why not dump the water from head and only route one cooling hose to the pipe,get the pipe hotter like i have seen here on the forum a million times... I was able to get the ski out today and damn if it didn't run 76.4mph and who knows the correct rpms,i was in the chop and it may have been banging the revlimiter but not so sure yet.. Repitching the prop tomorrow to a 13/22 because it needs it badly !!!! Well guys,just thought i would share this and sorry i went on and on.... Thanks james
    Last edited by james k; 10-21-2007 at 12:05 AM.

+1
    Good job James. Its amazing how much you can get out of these skis without doing a lot. There is a whole lot of speed in the settings on the tabs and the plate.

+1
    Thanks Spud, i am getting ready to do some porting and thought i was going to need a 1390 for 80mph plus but i know i can do it with a 1300 and will leave me with something to do after next summer when i have alot more hours on the cylinders,the ski only has 23hrs on it.. When i port it in the next month or so i would like to see some stainless steel grates form Green Hulk so i can try an 800 grate,just for fun but not everyday riding......Thanks

+1
    good numbers especially in this heat

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Awesome job James

+1
    James,wait till you repitch! More speed on the table. Great #'s.!

Very impressive #'s James Keep up the good work!
    Oh,hears a tip Woody gave me a while back if ewe want another .5
    Remove all body hair with sheep shears

+1
    Thanks again guys,went out today with the new pitch but the wind was just nasty and rain,but i would have to say that after putting $36.00 in fuel before i went out filled completely to where it would not hold anymoe i still pulled off a 75.4 against the wind and only had a few runs,needles to say my fuel is still all the way up to the filler tube.. We always go out full and ride till near empty and then do speed runs,my speeds full of fuel before where around 74.2-74.5mph so i believe we will see 77mph run next time out.. Prop was spinning 7210-7230 rpms and will have to wait and see when fuel is low,will prob still be to high considering cooler air is near...

i am at a 13/22 now so not sure if i would go to a 13/23 or 14/22 just yet....... Thanks

+1
    I don't get it, what did you do to gain 10 mph? Can you list your mods? My 07 runs 71.9 with the mods in my sig, what am I doing wrong?

Robsauto what are your efi settings?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information