Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

it would be nice if

it would be nice if I could find a new in the crate RXDI. That was our first ski, and we liked it
    When we trade up to the 4-tec, the dealer had many RXDI in his wharehouse. well now the dealer is out of business and wonder where all the RXDI`s went, that was in 04 tho ...PR...

did any of you get rid of a ski that you really liked?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    it would be nice if I could find a new in the crate RXDI. That was our first ski, and we liked it
    When we trade up to the 4-tec, the dealer had many RXDI in his wharehouse. well now the dealer is out of business and wonder where all the RXDI`s went, that was in 04 tho ...PR...

did any of you get rid of a ski that you really liked?

We've had several skis in our family, but my first si that I personally bought was my 99 GSXL...When I got done with it I could pull a stage 1 RXP from a hoelshot to about 60mph, then it would pass me...it was setup for holeshot and handling, I could crank it at WOt and turn on a dime, not loose any speed...

But with a blip of the throttle I could make it hop any wake...

I eventually traded up, because the acceleration gods were calling...

The kid that bought it still calls me often....

Here she is was all her glory...
    http://www.theudells.com/PWC/readers...ld/rebuild.htm

there's an 01 SeaDoo RX DI on eBay with 54 hours for $3,700 with no reserve price. but it's in North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Pics 2 thru 7 are going to give me nightmares.

+1
    Andy,
    Chris (1fastski) has one with about 20 hours for $3500 in EHT...... I haven't seen it personally but if I had that much cash I'd buy it.

I like my RX...
    Good speed in the low/mid 60's, stable, easy to ride, good 2 up, good power, easy/cheaper to work on, etc..

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an RXP but right now I need to find a "starter ski" for my son to ride next spring.
    Doug

+1
    the LAST THREE PICS ARE THE ONES IM MAINLY CONCERNED WITH!!!!!!! hahahahaha BET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny, awesome job on that ski bro! ...PR...

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I cant say I have one cuz the RXT has been a nightmare as you all may know and the XLT1200 is a bit of a problem sometimes too....

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    everyone always likes their first skis.

96 XP owners thought and still think they have the best ski out there for handling and speed.

i'm sorry... but if you think an RXDI or a 96 XP or any ski of the like is what you would enjoy most... well you either haven't spent enough time on a RXP or RXT, or you forgot how pathetic of a machine your ol' first lady XP or RX DI really was. they dont do anything better than a new SCIC 4-tec

not trying to be harsh or critical, just putting things in perspective

i got rid of a ski i really liked.... but i moved onto better machines... and sure somwetimes i miss my original skis and how much fun i had on them and all the hours i racked up, but after beong on the skis i've been on now and own now, no way would i take them back... they're inferior

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    everyone always likes their first skis.

96 XP owners thought and still think they have the best ski out there for handling and speed.

i'm sorry... but if you think an RXDI or a 96 XP or any ski of the like is what you would enjoy most... well you either haven't spent enough time on a RXP or RXT, or you forgot how pathetic of a machine your ol' first lady XP or RX DI really was. they dont do anything better than a new SCIC 4-tec

not trying to be harsh or critical, just putting things in perspective

i got rid of a ski i really liked.... but i moved onto better machines... and sure somwetimes i miss my original skis and how much fun i had on them and all the hours i racked up, but after beong on the skis i've been on now and own now, no way would i take them back... they're inferior
    I haven't been of riding age long enough to remember those skis much, but I have rode them and like the feel to a point. The thing I loved most about them was their size. After riding a friend's '94 XP I realized how big of a ski the RXP is. I loved how responsive the XP was to body positioning and such, but at the same time it kicked the shit out of me. Fourth of July weekend on a big lake.......I'm 19, I shouldn't be complaining about my back killing me! That ski was a lot of fun, but I missed the acceleration of the RXP and it's ability to plow thru chop more. A much easier ride in chop heavy conditions. I've never really been beat up or tired after a hard day riding on my RXP like I was the XP.

I see where some of the guys that hang onto those skis come from now. It's not all about the displacement engine, how much HP and torque it has, or if it's forced induction or NA. For little two smoke two bangers those skis moved pretty good. The RXP is my first ski, and I'm sure I will miss it when it's time to move on, but like you said things just keep getting better and better. You move on and adjust and come to like something after you have spent enough time with it. My only complaint is that they're getting so damn big. I think the days of the 2 seater are numbered.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information