Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: .....Shibby

.....Shibby

When you were going toe to toe with your buddies re mods to your rxt...you said in your experience the riva grate held you back, you could see it against your buddies who didn't have it....

Did you have skegs on at the time?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yep... i had the skegs on at that time... he did not

i was just talking to someone from the forum about 2 weeks ago, i can't remember who it was right now!! but i always told them i disliked the riva intake grate on thw RXT... well they put it on their modded RXT and lost speed as well.

every ski and every setup will be different tho. Maybe at a certain top speed interval it slows you down and then once you overcome some hump the grate will give you speed? not sure... never worked for me tho for speed or hookup in the 68-73mph zone...

Thanks....all the little things I've done to my ski and I'm only marginally better than a stock rxt....I've been dreading having to do this, but....looks like my riva grate will be coming off for a while....damn....I hate working backwards.

+1
    i would be very very interested to see what your findings are by going back to stock. If u decide to do this, definitely post back or shoot me a PM, it's good to hear consistency in the way skis respond to certain changes.

what speed and rpms do you find yourself at right now?

I don't have a gps.

I'm pushing a strong 8150 with rare spikes of 8350...this is before a fre-flo exhaust.

THEE 6'5" 235pd rough rider doc212121's Avatar
    What about the nightmare stories of overstuffing the pump with the stock grate, those expierences Ive heard from some of the guys on the RXP side made me get one asap, the last thing I want to happen is be thrown off this bitch at 70+. Im seeing 72 gps on a stage one before the intercooler on the RXP.

+1
    wow... is this stock prop???

if so, you need PITCH on that prop, ASAP. ur running that thing against the limiter. with a SOLAS prop or more pitch on your stock prop there's more mph hidden in your ski

the riva grate slowed down my RXT maybe .2 mph. It did stay hooked up better in choppy water (1-1 /2 ft or less). the main reason I took mine off is that it made it ride rougher in chop and nose down more when turning.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
    What about the nightmare stories of overstuffing the pump with the stock grate, those expierences Ive heard from some of the guys on the RXP side made me get one asap, the last thing I want to happen is be thrown off this bitch at 70+. Im seeing 72 gps on a stage one before the intercooler on the RXP.
    who got bucked off an RXP due to pump overstuff??? i dont recall like ever hearing this. Do you know how fast JetDraft Dan was running RXPs with stock intake grates back awhile ago? FAST! lol....

i do not know of a single instance of any 4-tec ski or owner having repeated bucking or stuffing issues

you need to add more pitch until it will only turn 8050 to make sure it is not in the rev limiter, then do something else to make it turn more rpm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information