Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

winterizing help

I am about to winterize my GPR and 4stroke for the season, is there some sort of checklist out there I should follow when winterizing them??

+1
    On my GPR,i put the battery on a tender.Wipe down engine with a sylicone spray,spray fogging oil through the spark plug holes for about 5-7 seconds,now i syphon my fuel out of the tanks,you can fill your tank up and use a stablizer though.Wax the ski good also.My ski's are in an insulated garage.My old house wasnt insulated so i ran RV antifreeze through the motor.Our weather up here gets in the 10 degrees though. I install new plugs and go over every hose clamp and check some of the bolts at random.

Where do you put your antifreez in at waterWoody?

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    On my GPR,i put the battery on a tender.Wipe down engine with a sylicone spray,spray fogging oil through the spark plug holes for about 5-7 seconds,now i syphon my fuel out of the tanks,you can fill your tank up and use a stablizer though.Wax the ski good also.My ski's are in an insulated garage.My old house wasnt insulated so i ran RV antifreeze through the motor.Our weather up here gets in the 10 degrees though. I install new plugs and go over every hose clamp and check some of the bolts at random.
    I read your info on winterizing. I have been putting the antifreez in at the water hose that is at the top of the cylinder head on my 2001 GPR. I now have a 2008 GPR, is there anything special on the fuel injected modles over the older carb modles? I also have been using fuel stablizer in the gas for 12 years and filling the tanks up to the neck to stop condisation in the tanks. Is draining the tanks better? I have been told the the gas now days is not good, and does not last very long even with the fuel stablizer. Some guys on here don't even like to let the gas set in the carbs. Is it also a problem on the fuel injected skis, or is there no problem on them.

Draining the tank is a way better idea than filling it and then having a tank full of shit gas to run in the spring. I usually leave it very low with stabil in it, then drain in the spring or just fill with fresh. How much condensation do you really think you get in a sealed off plastic tank? I'm betting somewhere between 0 and none.

What`s the procedure for the 2008 GPR`s?
    can I submerse a pump in a pail of pink antifreeze and run the ski with this flowing thru the exhaust? stop the flow, rev the ski a few times and then shut it down?...PR...

Hey PR, if 08 is the same as 03? We clamp off the line coming in from the pump before the y from the flush-out fitting and we use a bug sprayer jug with a hose fitting onthe hose! Add rv ani-freeze pump up pressure ,start ski and let it run thru till it comes out exhaust.about 2 gallons should work.I've don this 4 times already this season! >scott

Quote Originally Posted by sharkriver View Post
    Hey PR, if 08 is the same as 03? We clamp off the line coming in from the pump before the y from the flush-out fitting and we use a bug sprayer jug with a hose fitting onthe hose! Add rv ani-freeze pump up pressure ,start ski and let it run thru till it comes out exhaust.about 2 gallons should work.I've don this 4 times already this season! >scott
    can I hook up an electric pump to the flush port and do the same? pump will be submerged in RV juice...PR...

+1
    hey andy,

I use an electric pump. Hook the flush adapter to one end. i put the other into a bucket with 2-3 gal of rv antifreeze. Like shark said,make sure you clamp off the hose back to the pump at the "Y" so all the antifreeze goes through the engine and out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0112080940.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	52020  

Ok. Thanks.
    How do you clamp off the hose?...PR...

+1
    yamaha actually has a part # for the clamp. I use a spring loaded clamp used for holding wood together while glueing. You can pick them up at any home depot or lowes. Looks alot like a jumper cable clamp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information