Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

787 counter balance oil?

Can I use the lucas 75 w90 gear lube that I used in my jet pump, inside my cb oil resevoir? It says to use sae 30 motor oil but, I have heard of people using the gear lube from their pumps. Is this easy to check for on my 787. I think the plug is down and to the left of the pto cylinder. Is it easy to acess? How do I check the level? Is there a mark showing the propper level? If I do need to add oil, and the lucas oil can be used, is it ok to mix the two? It says on the lucas bottle, "compatable for mixing with all other oils." Is that really true? Thanks, Charlie

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    On 787's you use XPSII, the same oil you mix with the gas. You never need to add oil here, as it mixes with the gas. You only need to add once when the engine was assembled.

Really? Wow! I thought the level goes down and you have to fill it every 50 hours. Thanks, nevermind then.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    He he! 951's are different. On our 96's there isn't even a drain plug on the cases in the c/b shaft area.

Every engine I've broke down had oil there...just ride it when you get it running...

Thanks. I think my electrical issue is just my stator. It is ten years old and it was bound to go bad at some point. Do I have any way of knowing if it is the mpem too? I don't think anything is wron with the mpem because I opened up the front gray box and all of the components were new and still really shiny, and also none of the fuses weere blown.

I got my fingers crossed for ya Charlie!

Thanks, Andy. I have so many projects going in my garage and yard, I just want this one done first. My parents are mad at me because our yard is littered with used skis and trailers. I get a lot of stuff for free. I got two pwc trailers for free. They both needed new bearings, and one needed new leaf springs. I fixed em up, rewired them, and now I have extra trailers. One of them is a double trailer two! I'm thinking of selling the double to the shop down the road. The guy offered me 600 bucks, so I'll gladly take that profit!!!!!

96xpss,

What about the counterbalance oil on 951s? Check/change it or not?

(Sorry for jumping in on your thread CCassone)

Re: 787 counter balance oil?

Quote Originally Posted by ccassone
    Can I use the lucas 75 w90 gear lube that I used in my jet pump, inside my cb oil resevoir? It says to use sae 30 motor oil but, I have heard of people using the gear lube from their pumps. Is this easy to check for on my 787. I think the plug is down and to the left of the pto cylinder. Is it easy to acess? How do I check the level? Is there a mark showing the propper level? If I do need to add oil, and the lucas oil can be used, is it ok to mix the two? It says on the lucas bottle, "compatable for mixing with all other oils." Is that really true? Thanks, Charlie
    If you have a oil injector block off you do have to put oil in the counter balance area. it has been awhile, but you might want to look into this futher before cranking. I had a 800 motor with the oil injection block off so I premixed and therer had to be oil in the lower unit and the hoses where pinched off to keep the oil in.

I have a block off, and I premix in my 96 xp. I still have the oi lines attatched to each side of the motor. I just have the oil line from the oil pump removed. I know the other components like the rv shaft still have to be lubricated, that's why you leave the lines there. Why would I have to add any. Wouldn't the premix lubricate it as it comes in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information