Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question im new! what do i need?!?!

hey everyone . over the last few moths i have got great info from this sit so thanx all you geniuses on here . so im really going to get into the wave runner sceen so i got an account. being the nice guy that i am i baught my girlfriend a waverunner first.. got her gp1300. its simply for looks casue she doesnt like the speed yet... for her b day im painting it all black with rainbow flakes... i have figure out most of the paint but thoes stock handle bars just wont cut it.... im never sure as to what to buy.. i dont need like the extended handle bars for racing casue its simply for looks .. basically the shaft coming out of the hood the handlebars and the throttle is what i think i need can anyone help me out maybe throw a few suggestions my way? how much will iit cost and what i can and cant get away with??? thanx allot looking forwars to bugging you guys allot more when i build my offshore craft early next year

+1
    Welcome islandboy.You can bolt up aftermarket bars to the OEM steering shaft and get the CF cover plate.You need to grind down the left hand side of the bar to get the OEM trim mount on.I have pics,and can post them tomarrow.Someone else might chime in with pics.

oem steering shaft im guessing thats the stock steering shaft i have now?.. no problem with the grinding.. pics would be awesome.. then aftermarket throttle aswell and i can keep the same steering cable? is it difficult to take out the steering shaft cause id like to paint that or get it chrome dipped... its all for looks so all the metal thats visible id like to get chrome.. and im sure the bars and throttle is no big deal.. im sure they sell them in chrome??

Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    oem steering shaft im guessing thats the stock steering shaft i have now?.. no problem with the grinding.. pics would be awesome.. then aftermarket throttle aswell and i can keep the same steering cable? is it difficult to take out the steering shaft cause id like to paint that or get it chrome dipped... its all for looks so all the metal thats visible id like to get chrome.. and im sure the bars and throttle is no big deal.. im sure they sell them in chrome??
    You can use all the stock parts. All you will need is some new bars. You can add aftermarket throttle if you like. I haven't yet but I am going to buy one sometime soon after I get done with my big bore motor. I have no idea how hard it is to take out the steering shaft but I am sure someone on here can give you some info.

Check out my setup though. It is Azonic bars with the stock trim and throttle. I have aftermarket grips also and a holder for my GPS so I can read the speeds easy on the go. You will notice I have a carbon fiber cover in the middle.

http://www.genxatv.com/gpbarplate.html

You can get that there.

Anyways good luck.

shafts not hard at all to take out.but theres no need unless your going umi..or chroming.. hardest part will be sanding and drilling the new bars to accept the stock qsts (twist grip)

simple dirtbike bars look great. and add alot of strength
    Attached Images Attached Images  

African-American
    +1
    It also gives your ski that ghetto look.

Hey dude check the size of my rims, erm bars

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    shafts not hard at all to take out.but theres no need unless your going umi..or chroming.. hardest part will be sanding and drilling the new bars to accept the stock qsts (twist grip)

thanx allot .. yea im definatly going chrome.. any aftermarket chrome shaft piece or just get it dipped? also instead of going the stock twist grip... if theres something to replace that looks better than that big bulky black setup id love to go chrome ?? so far ive decided umi racing bars and the straight throttle. then i also need the adapter and i think im golden???

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    It also gives your ski that ghetto look.

Hey dude check the size of my rims, erm bars
    Hahaha my bars are BIG AND CHROME BABY!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    You can use all the stock parts. All you will need is some new bars. You can add aftermarket throttle if you like. I haven't yet but I am going to buy one sometime soon after I get done with my big bore motor. I have no idea how hard it is to take out the steering shaft but I am sure someone on here can give you some info.

Check out my setup though. It is Azonic bars with the stock trim and throttle. I have aftermarket grips also and a holder for my GPS so I can read the speeds easy on the go. You will notice I have a carbon fiber cover in the middle.

http://www.genxatv.com/gpbarplate.html

You can get that there.

Anyways good luck.
    Chrisrokc,i like the bar setup...Do you have a side view??? I have been looking into the umi but like to see a side shot of yours....thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information