Do you pull......

I know that the wake ski is for this but i was wondering of how many people pull things behind there RXP???
    Anyone tube, ski,wakeboard at all behind theres??

yes i wake board started last year only got the itch and baught a wake board.

it is illigal to wake board behind a 2 seater here you need a three seater for this application .

the rxp pulls just fine a tube or anythinf else the ski pylon would help tho.

Its illegal to tow another person w/ the rxp like tube. kneeboard, what have you. Only 3 seaters and above can.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeborder556
    Its illegal to tow another person w/ the rxp like tube. kneeboard, what have you. Only 3 seaters and above can.
    Depends on where you live.

I've towed tubes with the gtx sc. It sucks trying to get on plane and the ski is really unstable until it does.

It's legal in TX to pull with only one person in the boat (or PWC) as long as you have a rear view mirror and can see the skier in this mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    It's legal in TX to pull with only one person in the boat (or PWC) as long as you have a rear view mirror and can see the skier in this mirror.
    Same in Minnesota..........

I pulled two huge tubes with several teenagers on them with the RXP.

It takes a bit of feathering, but once you hook up it pulls just fine.......

thanks guys yeah ive been pulling people on my 3 seater yamaha and the rooster tail always hits them hahaha, but i dk if im goin to pull anythin behind the RXp bc the cops are crazy on my lake, im glad im 17

In Texas,you can pull a skier or tube behind a two-seater,but.......only one person may be pulled,and then,only if rear view mirror(s) are in place.The law states there must be room for driver AND passenger(s) on the craft.The technicality is as follows...."Any person being towed by a PWC is considered an occupant of the PWC and is required to wear a life jacket."Therefore,the only legal way to pull more than one person is to have a three or four seater craft.
    Now,regarding the mirror requirements,the law states..."A rearview mirror. The size of the mirror shall be no less than four inches in measurement from bottom to top and across from side to side. It should be mounted firmly to give the boat operator a full, complete view beyond the rear of the boat at all times. Note: most PWC mirrors do not meet these size standards."

I wakeboard behind my rxt and have taught quite a few of my friends behind it . You cant beat it for the quick up and downs of learning/ teaching wakeboarding on a ski.No big boat to turn around and burn all that gas it is small enough to whip right around and hook back up. I also have an rxp that just sits on a trailer with a tear in its eye because I only play with the rxt.I have pulled a tube behind both and is fun as long as you use the learner key to keep from going too fast.Add some weight to the huge compartment in the front of the rxt and it will help build the wake up enough to get more than just that foamy mess .I dont know what FL law is on pulling/ towing passangers but deputy dogs arent too bad in central FL.

Quote Originally Posted by BertInTexas
    In Texas,you can pull a skier or tube behind a two-seater,but.......only one person may be pulled,and then,only if rear view mirror(s) are in place.The law states there must be room for driver AND passenger(s) on the craft.The technicality is as follows...."Any person being towed by a PWC is considered an occupant of the PWC and is required to wear a life jacket."Therefore,the only legal way to pull more than one person is to have a three or four seater craft.
    Now,regarding the mirror requirements,the law states..."A rearview mirror. The size of the mirror shall be no less than four inches in measurement from bottom to top and across from side to side. It should be mounted firmly to give the boat operator a full, complete view beyond the rear of the boat at all times. Note: most PWC mirrors do not meet these size standards."

Bert:

Good info! I never considered the issues with having several people on the tubes. I guess they are considered passengers on my RXP. That will not cut it I guess.........

I will have to check it out further........

Thread Information