Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More Twisty Action

More river footage.

River action

Wont play Steve... Mac file?

its a quick time video.

+1
    I can see it now...."St Johns River closed to PWC. Boat speed limit of 20mph imposed after wreckless operator on PWC involved in head on collision with small family fishing boat resulting in numerous deaths and injury."

Are you guys from England? Here in the USA we keep to the right...especially when going around blind corners at a high rate of speed !! From the looks of some of that video footage it would appear that the river is a private race track with no other boat traffic. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for speed under the right conditions....but not when you can't see what lies around the next corner. I find it funny that where the river widens and it's safe to go fast, everyone appears to slow down to a crawl. I'd hate to see a great riding area like the St Johns be off limits to everyone due to the actions of a few !!!

Richard
    Last edited by way2fast; 10-25-2007 at 05:14 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    I can see it now...."St Johns River closed to PWC. Boat speed limit of 20mph imposed after wreckless operator on PWC involved in head on collision with small family fishing boat resulting in numerous deaths and injury."

Are you guys from England? Here in the USA we keep to the right...especially when going around blind corners at a high rate of speed !! From the looks of some of that video footage it would appear that the river is a private race track with no other boat traffic. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for speed under the right conditions....but not when you can't see what lies around the next corner. I find it funny that where the river widens and it's safe to go fast, everyone appears to slow down to a crawl. I'd hate to see a great riding area like trhe St Johns be off limits to everyone due to the actions of a few !!!

Richard

It appears a little more blind on the corners in the video. Most of the time you can see over the grass and the water on the other side.

The reason I slow down on most of the open straight aways is to make sure everyone is still in the pack. 99% of the time I am up front in the tight stuff to make sure the path is clear, if there is a boat I stand up with my left hand in the air to warn everyone behind me to slow down.

Airboats come around the corners completely sideways at a high rate of speed with absolutely no concern for fisherman or anyone else for that matter with about a 50 to 1 ratio of them to us. So the thought of us causing FWC to do something is absurd.

Really Richard, what do you know? Have you ever ridden with us? You have no clue as to what your talking about. You certianly seem to have a comment on everything tho.

Duke
    Last edited by Duke; 10-24-2007 at 10:06 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    As far as your attitude goes
    Duke, I thought you knew by now that Richard knew it ALL. Just ask him, he will tell you.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 10-23-2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Opinions are fine watch the language-no need for it

id would be more willing to bet that the way we ride is much safer than most. Id be more concerned with coming around a corner and a cow, or air boat be in the way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChewsteR View Post
    id would be more willing to bet that the way we ride is much safer than most. Id be more concerned with coming around a corner and a cow, or air boat be in the way.
    +1

Been there

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    +1

Been there
    WFO,you almost hit a cow on your ski!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information