Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boo Hoo, so disappointed......

Well, as some of you may remember, I sold my twin GTX's last year as I could not depend on them. As a girl who quite often ski's alone I must have a boat I can rely on. So, girl buys new GTX, yea! so happy!! Well, 3 hrs. into breakin the lanyard deceides not to work, so get back to shore with learning key. Next day out, yellow works white does not!?? Wanting to hurry up and get those 10 breakin hours on so can open her up so went out again today for an Easter ride. Hour 5 on ski, trucking along and bingo, out of no where I start having MAJOR power/no power surges, almost stalls out, idles ok. Girl thinks try learning key maybe faulty lanyard connection, learning key useless. So I ride it like a bronco all the way to the ramp (about 40 mins) in gator infested water.
    Will check fuel filter tomarrow (if I can find it) and if no issues will haul it to the shop. So much for a new trouble free boat. Was wondering if anyone else on this board has had related issue's? Oh, the oil was over-filled from the start if that could possibly mean anything???
    All this and I bruised the heck out of my knee and lost my favorite flip flop. Oh, what a day : (

+1
    It pains me to say it, but if you were looking for trouble free dependability; Sea-doo might not have been the best choice.

Sorry you had problems- hope you get them worked out.

I think all the new 4-tecs only have a fuel filter inside the tank contained within the pump module- don't think they have an external filter.

+1
    I don't know if oil over-filling could cause those type of problems. I guess it would depend on how much it was over-filled. A good place to start would be taking out that extra oil though...

call Umstadt and tell him to come fix your ski. It sounds like an electrical/electronic problem to me and a trip back to the dealer is what it will take to fix it.

Thanks for your input guys, someone will be hearing from me for sure. I've been waiting a long time for this baby and certainly didn't expect immediate or any problems for that matter.
    Sure they will make good...... just hope good and FAST.

+1
    Where in florida are u?

+1
    If the ski is new, bring it back to dealer and say FIX IT!!

+1
    FYI: I just removed 8 or so inappropriate replies to this thread. Let's try to stay on topic guys.

Thanks,
    Your friendly Asian wana-bee.

+1
    Thanks Mike.....I was just going to give one of the "posters" a piece of my mind. Someone asks for some advice and she gets bombarded by a bunch of nitwits. I haven't been on here for a long time and from what I heard earlier today I thought this "informative forum" had turned into a kidde circus as did so many of the other PWC forums. I'm encouraged to see that the BS is not acceptable here.

Richard

+1
    Sorry Richard and exseadootester. My humor and Bud Light was in poor judgement. Peace!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information