Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: yamaha fx sho

yamaha fx sho

so do yall think they got the bugs worked out on this new sho model? i would hate to buy it then have things go wrong with it. recalls and all.

also how did it out run the other ski's on boat test.com when it has the lease amount of hp than all the others? im sure theres some smart guys on here that can tell me that. thanks

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerstyle View Post
    so do yall think they got the bugs worked out on this new sho model? i would hate to buy it then have things go wrong with it. recalls and all.

also how did it out run the other ski's on boat test.com when it has the lease amount of hp than all the others? im sure theres some smart guys on here that can tell me that. thanks
    You and all the other people who buy an SHO will be doing a big portion of their "real world testing" for them. Then as potential problems arise. Yami will look at the types of warranty work being performed and improve upon those areas if they feel the need.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerstyle View Post

They out ran the other skis at the dealer/press introduction (where boat test.com did their testing) because Yammi supplied the competitions boats. The Ultra(63mph) and RXT (61mph) were both slower than what an average one runs. Also the SHO (66mph) was a pre-production model, not the one you'll buy off the showroom floor. I have never seen any production ski run as good as the prototypes yet. Wait for real world tests in the hands of the consumer before forming any opinions as to who would really win an honest shootout.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    They out ran the other skis at the dealer/press introduction (where boat test.com did their testing) because Yammi supplied the competitions boats. The Ultra(63mph) and RXT (61mph) were both slower than what an average one runs. Also the SHO (66mph) was a pre-production model, not the one you'll buy off the showroom floor. I have never seen any production ski run as good as the prototypes yet. Wait for real world tests in the hands of the consumer before forming any opinions as to who would really win an honest shootout.

Richard
    well thank you very much.

FZS-T
    What about a release date????

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawi250 ryder View Post
    What about a release date????
    Supposedly feb.

There is no way for anyone to know for certain how reliable the SHO will be. Based on the facts that Yamaha held this ski back atleast a year and took their sweet ass time developing it is a very good sign though. The engine is also VERY mildly tuned based on it's displacement to hp output and that should make for a very reliable, long lasting engine.

We're hearing March before they reach Okinawa...

As for reliability, I don't remember the last time a first year model of any brand did NOT have some problems. I think that goes for anything that moves for that matter.

The hope is, that whatever the problem is, it occurs quickly without causing too much damage or repair downtime. I'd hate to have the problems happen after my warranty expires like what happened with my 01 GPR and the powervalve issues...luckily for me, I only dropped a pin and caught it before the valve broke and ended up in the cylinder...

so how fast will the SHO go all stock wen realesed??/?????

My 05' VX deluxe was an first year release, and I haven't had any problems. But within two months owning the VX, I recieved a recall for the couple things. Yamaha had the parts ready, in and out of the service at my Yamaha dealer, no down time. And just recently, three more items for a recall. Again no problems on my end, machine is no longer in warranty, and Yamaha still comes through to make sure they got it right. All parts in stock and service done same day.

Of course first year stuff is always prone to some issues, but I never have had such excellent treatment from a company who understands there may be problems and follows through to make sure it's done. Yamaha is first rate in my book, clearly they wan't to keep their reputation as being a leader in building quality products that perform and last a long time. The new SHO owners have nothing to worry about, other than bragging rights.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information