Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fx Sho-& Kaw 250

so whats the 250 owners thinking about the new fx sho?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Put one on the water that I can ride and ill let ya know

The only thing I heard was the hull was built light?

I think the FX Sho looks just great and it sounds like that 2000cc engine makes it every bit as fast as the Ultra or RXT with maybe more top end potential. Lightweight hull is good. What I dont like is storage only 20galls vs 50+ for the Ultra. Also, Id really like to know how this Sho hull handles in rough water. I get the impression from what Ive read that the Sho handles great all round but not actually better than the Ultra in the rough.

+1
    I have a friend that rode a FX HO(160hp) a lot this summer and he rode my LX(160hp) a lot. His thoughts are the LX with the new mods would take the HO and in the rough the LX is much better.

Also, they were raced and the HO beat the LX but it took a long time for the HO to show it is quicker. When GPSed one day the HO went 56 the LX went 54. Last time out the LX went 57 with ride plate, second waterbox eliminated and a free flow intake.

If the SHO uses the same hull and the weight is about the same I just do not see the SHO running with a 250 based on I have seen the same hull raced against each other with equal horsepower.

My $.02; I've ridden next to dozens of different watercraft in my 250 in the last few months, usually in mild to rough swells and chop; I can promise you that unless the newer rides are as heavy and have as nicely designed hull, they too will be jumping and pumping vs. the 250 pushing through.. Again, that is why I bought this beast; the hole shot and sheer power are great too but I would take the handling and stability over a few tenths of speed any day.

I just assumed that with the right hull design, lighter is always better. Faster plus lower fuel burn. Or increase hull length with no addtl weight gain for even better handling in rough. I looked up the Zapata custom hulls. Much lighter than stock yet stronger and better handling. I know that heavier bob sledders go faster than light ones tho so who knows.

+1
    The SHO has 1812cc's, not 2000. A stock FX Ho runs 59mph average with nearly a full tank. No stock LX will come close to that. Since both the HO and the LX have the same 160hp, The Yammi has the more efficient hull, speed wise. It rides on top of the water, not plowing thru it like the Ultra. Having run both skis on the same day and in the same conditions, I'd give the Ultra a slight edge in rough water...but it gets it at the expense of using hp wastefully.

Richard

+1
    Last edited by spaulding; 10-24-2007 at 12:05 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    If the SHO uses the same hull and the weight is about the same I just do not see the SHO running with a 250 based on I have seen the same hull raced against each other with equal horsepower.
    It's not the same hull, the new Yammy uses new NanoXcel hulls and decks—25 percent lighter than comparable components...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information