Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

Odyssey Battery fitment in U250X

I'm looking to buy the tray and install where second waterbox once was to run my bilge fan exclusively. Has anyone put one in up front in the stock tray? Which Odyssey model did you use and how is the fit? Post pic?

The odyssey PC625 apparently will replace a YB16CL-B which is a little different in size to the U250X's YTX20L-BS.

When I moved mine to the back I ordered a battery tray and straps for 2003 ZXI. I used that because I knew for sure that the odyessy battery that I had fit that tray. I think the total cost from the dealer was around 16.00

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=battery

+1
    Thanks Dave. Interesting....it looks like you have the PC680MJ and the Odyssey replacement for the 2003 ZXI is the PC545...according to their chart. I know you indicated you had the Odyssey 680 lying around. I wonder what the factory batt for the ZXI is.

The PC680 MJ measures 7 1/4" in length, 3 1/8" wide, and 6 5/8" tall.
    Weight 15.4 pounds.

The PC545 measures 6 7/8" in Length, 3 1/4" wide, and 5 1/8" tall. Weight is 11.7 lbs

Interestingly enough, the PC545 is right SIZE replacement for the YTX20L-BS according to WCB Sales. FYI, Our factory batteries indicate 18Ah and the PC545 are 14Ah.

The YTX20L-BS (factory 250X) measures 6.875" x 3.4375" x 6.125" according to Yuasa website.

Looks like i need to break out the tape measure and check the 250 tray as i really want to buy the wider PC625 as it's 18Ah and weighs everso slightly more than the 545. The 625 fits where the YB16CL-B batt did for most skis....i just need to find a nice tray similar to the one Dave has or like in our 250's!!!

PS the PC625 measures:
    Length 6.7"
    Width 3.90"
    Height 6.89"
    Weight 13.2 lbs
    Last edited by earthshaker; 10-23-2007 at 07:54 PM.

+1
    So one of the points that i was trying to make is how interesting it is that Dave's 7.25" long PC680MJ fits into a tray that calls for a PC545 replacement (just like the 250 replacement calls for((as far as size goes)). Were isolation pads removed to get it in???

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    So one of the points that i was trying to make is how interesting it is that Dave's 7.25" long PC680MJ fits into a tray that calls for a PC545 replacement (just like the 250 replacement calls for((as far as size goes)). Were isolation pads removed to get it in???
    Odyssey battery are a lot smaller than the oem ones they replace. Thats one of their big selling points, smaller and more powerful. Go measure your battery and than go look at the specs for the replacement.and you'll see what I mean.
    I used this tray because I knew I could get the 680 in it. When I had my ZXI and needed a replacement battery my local battery store told me it needed the PC 625. But the 625 was smaller in every dimension than the oem battery,so much so that the straps had about a half inch of slack in them. I took the battery back along with the tray and we put the biggest one in we could fit which at that time was a PC680(non metal jacket).
    I used the MJ one in the Ultra because thats all they had when I when to get another one. It a hair bigger than the non-MJ one and needed a little trimming on the tray.
    Last edited by turbodave; 10-23-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodave View Post
    When I moved mine to the back I ordered a battery tray and straps for 2003 ZXI. I used that because I knew for sure that the odyessy battery that I had fit that tray. I think the total cost from the dealer was around 16.00

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=battery
    I'd forgotten what a great install you have Turbodave. That inst panel is sharp. I guess then in the PWC application you dont worry about deep cycle and cranking batts, you just get 2 gel cells? Do you happen to know how much your batt plus holder weigh? Is the rearward install only possible if you remove the 2nd waterbox? Thanx.

+1
    Thanks Dave,

I'm hip to that. Perfect example for that is the PC545 replacement for the 250X is nearly the same LxW but is 1" shorter= loose straps, decent footprint.

I'm really trying to find a clean simple tray like the U250 has incoporating an Odyssey battery (preferably the PC625 as it is a good match for weight replacement from removing the waterbox and has excellent Ah rating) and where the fit/finish is factory in appearance (no loose straps or funky design).

The PC625 measures: 6.7" x 3.90" x 6.89",13.2 lbs and the one it replaces is the YB16CL-B - 6.875" x 4" x 6.875", 10.1 lbs. which is VERY close in dimensions. So, if i could find a nice tray like what you have or the 250X has, and was designed to fit the YB16CL-B, i'll be in biz.

Anyone know of a nice tray for the YB16CL-B? I've been looking in the mfg parts look ups for design and have not found one that's like Dave's or the 250X's yet.

Do you have to worry about waterproofing the 2nd batt? That front batt is so nicely sealed.

Thread Information