Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Driving in America: What is wrong with us?

Ok, I was driving down a two lane road that turned into one (pulling the rxp), so I see a "merge ahead" sign. I immediately begin to signal left to merge. Nobody lets me in! So I continue to signal and I am reaching the end of my lane, still nobody lets me in. At this point I put myself in the lane anyway squeezing between two cars. Of course the car behind me now honks his horn.
    What is wrong with us here in North America? I see this all the time. What happened to being courteous and allowing cars to merge, same thing goes when merging into a freeway. Why cant we all be courteous? In Europe they let you merge, even in South America they let you merge. I have driven in about 35 states and 8 provinces and about 15 different countries, and some are better than others, but they are still far less courteous than our fellow Eurpoeans and South Americans.

What is wrong with us here in America?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    you just need a bigger truck thats all....

they are prolly to busy blabbing on the phone, putting their make up on, reading the map, news paper or stock reports, picking their nose, scratching their balls, thinking about how they could collect food stamps, eating white castle hambergers, you name it, I`ve seen just about everything. the distractions are endless, the road rage is growing and the arrogance is endless...PR...

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    they are prolly to busy blabbing on the phone, putting their make up on, reading the map, news paper or stock reports, picking their nose, scratching their balls, thinking about how they could collect food stamps, eating white castle hambergers, you name it, I`ve seen just about everything. the distractions are endless, the road rage is growing and the arrogance is endless...PR...
    train horns and a big truck fix the arrogance

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    you just need a bigger truck thats all....
    I like my Titan. Nissan doesnt have a bigger truck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Yes, you can spot them a mile away. They are the ones driving really slow in the passing lane, swerving slightly, no signal lights. If they cant drive and talk at the same time why dont they get a blue tooth or dont answer the phone while driving? I think our drivers exams are way too easy. It doesnt teach people respect and courtesy on the roadways.

What's the idea behind cruising in the passing lane on a freeway anyway? Then you get people passing on the right lanes....its chaos. In Europe the far left lane is used for passing only, then you get back on the right lane for cruising. Why is this so hard to comprehend here?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    train horns and a big truck fix the arrogance
    Where do you get train horns from? Are they easy to install?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sstaino View Post
    Where do you get train horns from? Are they easy to install?
    Some truck stops carry them..If not look at J.C.Whitney..I knew they used to carry them..They are not that hard to install ..You may need to put a compressor on to produce the air for the horn though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Some truck stops carry them..If not look at J.C.Whitney..I knew they used to carry them..They are not that hard to install ..You may need to put a compressor on to produce the air for the horn though.
    Are they legal?

Quote Originally Posted by sstaino View Post
    Are they legal?
    Just dont do it around cops, and no one will know. Even if you did do it around a cop their so fucking loud that chances are he woudl spill his dunkin donuts coffee all over himself in fear that a train is gona plow into his car. I've seen these things, pull up behind someone with one of these things and let her rip chances are they well swirv of the road in fear right into a ditch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information