Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For those of you that worry about wearing out our clutch!

I strongly suggest you install Riva's Blowoff Valve for the supercharger to help release some of the stress, wear, and tear on your SC Clutch! Riva has them for $200.00 Strongly Recommend this as your first Mod you should do to your RXP!

You dont need it if you have a heavy duty clutch upgrade. Its a good idea for a stock clutch.

+1
    I'm doing both the Rotax Racing Heavy Duty clutch kit/assembly with a BOV...nothing to chance and don't want any downtime if I can avoid it.

I am going to wait til my stock clutch gets worn out first then, I will replace it with the heavy duty clutch.

PERSONALLY I feel unless you are modded like jerry The BOV is more then sufficient !!! I know a few people know that have stepped up to the heavy duty clutches and have had nothing but problems .. AGAIN this is ONLY my OPINION ...

+1
    I had the same thought but then I couldn't resist getting the Vortech impeller after hearing all the acceleration and how great it is...so since I'm cutting open the SC I thought to go ahead and spend and extra $170 or so for the kit.

Ya I hear what you are saying I just had my stock one rebuilt and when i slapped the Voretch IMP in I put the BOV in .. the only reason I dont like them is becasue of what i said basically ... I know of atleast 4 people that upgraded to them and all 4 people had some sort of problems one of those guys is even a seadoo tech here in phila he has an 04 RXP with similiar mods as mine and ever since he has put the h/d clutch in he has nothing but problems he has since switched back to the upgraded version of stock and his h/d will soon be on ebay so ill let yous know if anyone is interested b4 it goes on ebay

+1
    The only cons I've heard about the HD clutch kit was an errant assembly and a ceramic washer or two breaking...is that the only downside heard/known?

+1
    Crazed, are you saying his performance returned after he went back to stock clutch assembly? How can that be?

All the problems I have seen with the HD clutch thus far are installation error

NO Im not saying that the stock clutch is better or that when he installed it back he gained perfo.. I just know of few people that put that h/d clutch in and had no issues at all ... Now in this guys case he had 2 diff set ups both were slipping more then should after minimal hrs so he gave up and went back to a stock set up with a BOV hes been fine for 30 plus hrs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information