Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with stock prop and RXT stage 2

Anyone pitch a stock prop for an RXT stage 2. I'm going to be taking out the ski next weekend and I don't expect my prop back from impros (will be a month out). I can't do much for the stock leading edge but I think I can get the trailing edge going.

I know how I wacked out my solas prop. When I was pitching it I didn't have a good enough vice and I was using the wrench tip as a fulcrum. I now am using bench vice.

How does that trailer hitch method I've seen work. Seems the trick in pitch bending is having a rock solid impeller mount.

+1

Re: Help with stock prop and RXT stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Seems the trick in pitch bending is having a rock solid impeller mount.
    Yep!

Pics of trailer hitch pitching from rx951
    http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/tuners/rx951/

Looks like 05limited was running a 12/19.5 back in the "RXT breaking 70?!?!" days. Guess I'm going to have to tinker with this stocker.
    man I've got to get a 12/19.5 pitch in my stocker and break 70....
    such shoes to follow.
    once Shibby gets tuned out. Jeff and Steve will be up and down on top speeds

Looks like 05limited was running a 12/19.5 back in the "RXT breaking 70?!?!" days. Guess I'm going to have to tinker with this stocker.
    man I've got to get a 12/19.5 pitch in my stocker and break 70....
    such shoes to follow.
    once Shibby gets tuned out. Jeff and Steve will be up and down on top speeds
    Kinchyle, i beleive that i was the first person to test a repitched stock 12/19.5 prop in a moded stage II RXT last year, this prop was made by Dave @ Impros for my neighbour (Malvin) owner of the moded RXP "Terminator" and he called this mod a (stage 3) well to be very honest with you (YES) i noticed an increase in my ski top end speed over my non-repitched stock prop BUT at a price....what NOBODY say in the board is that in the RXT platform this prop kill this ski's hole shot performance BIG TIME!! my ski became a DOG from the line however in the RXP platform this prop work to the absolute perfection, i did a lot of back to back testing with different props on my moded RXT and my neighbour moded RXP last year.

UPDATED: TODAY I RAN 8150 peak rpm's @ 70.5 MPH (GPS) with a WICKED ACCEL. in 90 deg air and 80% humidity with my moded stage II RXT, this is an increase of 2 MPH over my old set-up new mods: Riva power cooler, 158 thermo, Riva thru-hull exaust, solas prop, vortech SC impeller, ride plate holes filled and the ***STOCK****intake grate (grinded) to seat flush with the ride plate,**** NO PUMP WEDGE**** I SMOKED everything that i found in the water including stage II RXP'S and stage II RXT'S like mine EXCEPT for one boat, a killer 75 MPH plus green 04' stage II RXP made to a customer by my local pwc tech (Bernardo Cortez) owner of "Junior watercraft racing shop" and to make things even worst he smoked my boat in the top end with his wife in the back..... but everything else in the water was a WALK IN THE PARK for my ski when you own a moded RXT stage II like mine you only need to race the competition in open ocean waters with the boat fuel tank almost empty and if you are light weight rider like me (160 pounds) this help a lot also

Ray

Nice!!! what pitch on your current prop for the 70 break

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Kinchyle,

Let me know if I can be of assistance with the stock impeller. I have five on the shelf in 1/2 inch increments (12/18 - 12/20). If nothing else, I can give you the trailing edge measurement for the pitch you're looking for and you can bend it yourself.

Jerry set me up with the 12/19.5 that helped get me over 70mph. I still like the top speeds with the stocker, but Ray is right, when the weather warms up you can feel a loss of acceleration.

I have the Solas 14/19 installed now, but haven't been able to test it because of bad weather. With the new mods coming it will be short lived in my ski anyway.

Let me know if I can help.

Jeff

Nice!!! what pitch on your current prop for the 70 break
    Sorry, i don't know what are the exact spec's of this prop.

+1
    kinchlye wrote
    I'm going to be taking out the ski next weekend and I don't expect my prop back from impros (will be a month out). I can't do much for the stock leading edge but I think I can get the trailing edge going.
    Hey let me know where you plan on riding I would like to see you ski and I will have my GPS, Im have 0.0 hours on mine

It will probably be on the cumberland for a quick cruise to the beach and laying out with my wife. It's my birthday so I get to fit the seadoo in before our dinner out at 5pm.

The week after I'm probably going to hit percy priest or center hill. I'll be sure to let you know!!! I'd like to see how the ski's run.

Thanks Jeff I think I'm going to put a 12/20 on my stock prop using the watcon. Then see what rpm's I get.

Hopefully one of my emails or phone calls will get through and I can talk to Dave and either get my prop back or find out an ETA. A month on a prop is too long. My seasons are short enough.

He needs to change his website to let everyone know his status.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information