Thread: Tech Help ....

Tech Help ....

I just rebuilt my s/c and put on a riva cold air intake ... otherwise i did nothing else here is my problem .. today i brought the ski out started it up idled for about 2 /3 mins all seemed ok .. got on it a lil all ok walked it all the way up to 8050 69 mph on the gps water temp is fucking ice cold as in air temp in phila ...well a few minutes go bye and i begin to quickly loose rpms i go to the dock to check things sure enough my 90 degree elbow on the s.c outlet to the t/b is hanging off with massive amounts of oil in the elbow and t/b .... I clean up and re install ride again and same thing happens again massive amount of oil and the elblow blows off again .. any ideas????????????/

This is the same ski that you found the impeller destroyed? Hence the sc rebuild?

+1
    is your oil level too high? the valve cover vents directy into the intake tract, and will go right through the sc if level is too high.

+1
    Either your oil level is too high, or you have lots of blow by forcing oil into the air intake.

How is your SC to TB connector flying off ? Maybe you should get t-bolt clamps for it. Then see about hooking up a oil catch can and see how much blow by oil you get in it.

thanks guys ... oil level is fine .. jerry sending money soon stand bye a minute if u can ... what would cause all this blow bye

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    hope to god you have a warranty on this machine!

did you ever find the parts to your original stock SC impeller? did u remove the intercooler to see if there was anything in there? did u do a compression test? did u research ANYTHING at all prior to just rebuilding the SC and slapping it on there?

lots of things can cause blow-by.... blowby is a BLOWN ENGINE.... oil getting frmo the bottom end past your rings into the top end and venting out the valve cover to beneath the TOPS valve and into your air intake track and causing massive oil all over the place.... = $$$$$$$$$$$$

FIND THOSE SC IMPELLER FINS!! if u don't find them, i hate to see what your cylinder walls look like right now

u say oil level is fine??? how fine? when did u check? before and after this occured? sounds like u burned/blew out plenty of oil to NOT make the level ok... that or it was too high to begin with and u blew out a quart to make it just right

wait a minute would it have ran that fine at 1st ? granted it was only a couple of minutes but would it have ran that good if i had that much of masssive engine damage?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    they can go from running tits perfect one hour to blowing oil and losing compression the following hour

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    they can go from running tits perfect one hour to blowing oil and losing compression the following hour
    the very same day i took my rxp in for service it was doin 8150 rpms. that night i found out i had low compression in a cylinder...turns out an exhuast valve was to blame. it will run fine......for a while

Thread Information