Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help needed 1200 PV

Hi, I need some help guys. First off I have a 2000 gpr that I picked up with what I thought was a bad crank. I took the head off today and found no indication that the crank is toast(head looked fine with no chunks) The front cylinder is TDC. Kick the starter and nothing, starter is working but the engine is not giving. So shoot the engine with lube, and oil(the foolish owner left the plugs out for the past few years now the walls have some surface rust) So what I noticed is (A) the PVs are not moving when I kick the starter, I know with my 01 any time I kick the starter they do the moving in and out here no sign of anything, also (B) the MFD is not showing anything. So I am leaning toward a dropped PV in the front or a bad PV motor which will not let the pv forward. So these are just guesses, I am certainly no expert just looking for some advice. I would rather get this ski going and keep it then just sell it blown, but if the crank is out then I will sell it. Thanks once again in advance! Have a great day

Shane

+1
    Have you tried to turn it by hand?

Yes ,no movement

Shane

It could be you only have one bad cylinder that's stuck - you've got the head off - the cylinder bolts only take a few minutes more - pull them off. If one is the problem, you'll find it then. If the crank is bad, don't sell it as is - put a new crank in it and put the good cylinders and head back on - free money in the bank if you ask me...

enjoy,

Ray

ps. - if the starter was "turning" but the crank wasn't, what was it doing to the flywheel????

+1
    Pull the pump and make sure that the prop is not frozen in the liner before you do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RayinJapan View Post
    It could be you only have one bad cylinder that's stuck - you've got the head off - the cylinder bolts only take a few minutes more - pull them off. If one is the problem, you'll find it then. If the crank is bad, don't sell it as is - put a new crank in it and put the good cylinders and head back on - free money in the bank if you ask me...

enjoy,

Ray

ps. - if the starter was "turning" but the crank wasn't, what was it doing to the flywheel????
    Thanks for all the help, as for the starter well it is not turning but I can hear it engaging

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    Pull the pump and make sure that the prop is not frozen in the liner before you do anything.

I noticed the pump has all the bolts off but was not removed, i tried to get it with a pry and it would not come out. Of course today is damn raining so I cant work on it much Later I will check to see if any bolts are holding the pump on... Thanks once again for the help, it would be cool to get this guy running and keep a gpr to play around with. Take care and THANK you for your imput!

+1
    Dont' forget the small 10mm pump bolt in the 8 o'clock position. At some point everyone forgets that little thing and ends up breaking it.

Nice of that guy to sell you a ski with the pump ready to fall out!

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Dont' forget the small 10mm pump bolt in the 8 o'clock position. At some point everyone forgets that little thing and ends up breaking it.

Nice of that guy to sell you a ski with the pump ready to fall out!

Hahaha yes bro I noticed my "friend" already forgot to remove the bolt and its broke, even better the ski is missing the intake grate and shoe. My fault though for not comming in the day time to check it out.

So I checked to see if anything was holding the pump on, nothing. I removed the steering nozzle and tried again. This time I got it to move perhaps 1/8 in, still holding on! Any idea's, this guy is working me! hehehe

Shane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information