Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Whats the worst ski accident you have had??

Hey everyone! I was wondering what all accidents you have had on your ski and the the results were.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Where I come from the tides are HUGE (2nd biggest tides in the world) and you never know what's coming at you.

I was riding a superjet and hit a sandbar, broke the handpole with my collarbone that decided it would only be fair if it broke as well....

I was laying unconscious on my back 10 yards from the ski when the tide started going up, water reached my mouth and woke me up, I crawled to the ski and had a very painfull ride back to the launch, with a broken pole and broken collarbone...

OUCH!!!

Heres mine:

Its not as good as 11's but I was on my xl800 yamaha and i was going WOT on the lake and i dont know why but i turned it sharp bc i wanted to skid but that didint happen so then i flew off and my left leg hit the right side of the ski and i broke it and flew about 30 ft haha and had my friend go get the ski taht was floating away hhahaha

Wow! The worst thing, I ever did to a ski was on a rental in aruba, and not my own. I was going around on a yamaha xl700. I got really far out off shore, the designated are was huge! There were some huge rollers, like 4 and a half feet! I was going wot off each wave one after another. I started to get out of rythm, and I got some huge air and landed very hard. The ski stopped, and it wouldn't turn over at all. I looked inside the engine compartment, removed the little tray for spark plugs, and water was leaking into the hull from the back. It wasn't leaking fast at all, nothing to be too worried about. My brother on another ski went back and got the renter to come tow me. We got it back to shore, and they motor was all loose, (I think I broke the mounts.) The allignent was far off and I think that is what caused the leak. The guy held onto our credit card for insurence. Its funny though, he didn't make us pay for anything. He just dragged it up on the sand and I left.

Over the summer last year, U jumped a huge tug boat wake with my gtx, landed vertical, broke all four motor mounts, bent the bed plate, and broke my wrist on the handle bars. Its funny though, my best friend on his 95 waveraider, broke his left wrist too! My said it was too dangerous and she took away the lanyard, which was kind of stupid because I couldn't ride the ski anyway! It was destroyed! And I had a broken wrist! Hahah lol C'mon lets hear some really good stories!

hahaha nice, i just went to ARuba this Spring break it was amazing!!

O yeah and i also when i was taking ski off trailer and rode it for about 10 min....it stopped and i saw my self sinking haha, i sunk my yamaha bc i forgot to put the plugs in!! The good thing was that i was near shallow and had a shore station to put it on haha

Hahaha!

+1
    I was driving in the thousand Islands with a friend. He was about two lengths ahead of me and about 30 feet to the left. We were doing about 50 and he pulls a sharp right hand turn without looking and I tee boned him. I destroyed the bow on my SLX and almost broke his sl 780 in half.
    My knee got a little banged up and he got a headache when my knee took him off his machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crash_172.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	611.7 KB 
ID:	3151  

Didnt happen too me but when I was in St. Thomas on a cruise me and my G/F rented a single jet ski (and they give you a free lounge chair) as well as many other of the guests...Well down there they dont care how old you are just as long as you have the money...SO me and my g/f came back in and were jsut sitting on our lounge chair, while we were just chillen we watched this guy let these 2 probably 10 year old kids rent 2 older jetskis, Well the one came back fine...the other one hit a wave went up onto a cove and a sharp rock went right threw the bottom of the hull and it was just sitting there about 2 feet above the water....no one could find the kid untill they looked in a "cave" type thing...there he was with his head cracked open, and his arm broken..I guess from what I heard from the guy who I rented mine from (someone else) the kid and his family had to leave the cruise early due to him having to go to the hospital for intensive care because I guess he fucked his head up really bad.... this all went down about 200 yards from the shore in plain sight...Extremely scary situation!

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Broke my face open jumping waves on the SLX at Matanzas inlet. My dad was out with me on my old SLTX and I was more worried about keeping an eye on him (he'd never played in big waves before) than i was watching where I was going...Well I started going up one wave and somehow or another got hit by a cross wave at the same time...As I launched off the one the other wave hit and swung my ski around in mid air (and you can get some good air at Matanzas... )...Anyways ski came down sideways and the momentum of it swung my head forward into the handlebars...I had a thumb throttle at the time and my right cheek decided to snap it off...then the rest of my face decided to bend the hell out of the handlebars...

Cracked my right cheekbone and had to get 20 stitches...Also had to get another 15 stitches in my shoulder where the broken jagged piece of throttle ripped through my vest and gouged my shoulder...

Worst part was the ride back from Matanzas to St. Augustine (where we'd put in) with a severly busted set of handlebars...

Had some much more spectacular crashes but nothing that hurt/damaged as much on me and the ski...

I was doing speed runs on my GPR when I ran into swan at 68MPH GPS. I know the speed because it shut the ski and that's what was on the GPS.

Luckily I didn't kill myself and only broke my nose.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information