Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RXP with ISSUES

RXP with ISSUES

Basic stage I set up I am only seeing 67 on GPS @ 7900rpm thats not right. This weekend is only my second time out. I hooked up the Stock Class ECU no better 68.8 on GPS at 8000 RPM. When my ski was stock I could run 68 all day long. Last year I could pull budy stock RXP and I was running 71.5. Today I could not even beat a stock RXP with the ECU. What the HECK is going on I am not happy what so ever.

Im working on the same problem. Will let you know if I find the answer.
    I have installed new 14/19R prop, wear ring, intake grate, RR I/C, power pipe, RR race ECU and I am less than stock speed and rpm. I think my problem is in the prop. Will know soon.

+1
    Are these props straight out of the box? I got 2 14/19R props that were way off straight out of the box Maybe measure the prop on a flat surface to the bottom of each blade. They need to be all the same distance. Also were the knock sensor updates removed from the harness?

Also check those solas nose cones from walking up the shaft!

+1

Re: RXP with ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by Jrsrxp
    Basic stage I set up I am only seeing 67 on GPS @ 7900rpm thats not right. This weekend is only my second time out. I hooked up the Stock Class ECU no better 68.8 on GPS at 8000 RPM. When my ski was stock I could run 68 all day long. Last year I could pull budy stock RXP and I was running 71.5. Today I could not even beat a stock RXP with the ECU. What the HECK is going on I am not happy what so ever.
    have you checked the slip moment on your SC clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp
    Are these props straight out of the box? I got 2 14/19R props that were way off straight out of the box Maybe measure the prop on a flat surface to the bottom of each blade. They need to be all the same distance. Also were the knock sensor updates removed from the harness?

Also check those solas nose cones from walking up the shaft!
    Straight out the box, nose cone is ok, piggy back harness was removed.

+1
    Whit, its a long shot, but remove the solas impeller and measure from a flat surface to the tip of the trailing edge of each blade. Ensure they are all the same measurement.

I did not remove the knock sensor. That I am haveing trouble doing. I have found the plug but do I unplug it??? I check the impeller and the nose cone. With the stock ECU i am only seeing 67 and that is like 4-5 mph from what I was running last year. The wearring is find. I even moved thet air intake up to the fomr today and did the rideplade mod. How do I check the SC for slippage??????

+1
    check for boost leaks around all clamps,and plumbing. also at IC block off (if u are running an external IC)

+1
    Wilmer, perhaps this link will help you.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=245

You remove the entire piggy back harness and then plug the connector to from the stock wire harness directly into the connector.

Also, did PPG ask you what year your ski was when you ordered the stock class ECU. There is a different ECU for each year. This may be your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Whit, its a long shot, but remove the solas impeller and measure from a flat surface to the tip of the trailing edge of each blade. Ensure they are all the same measurement.
    That is my plan for tomorrow night. I just resealed my block off plate with more high temp RTV silicone than I used the first time. The block off plate will not go on with the black O ring but will with the green O ring from original intercooler.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information