Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question

BROOKSEY

Newbie Question

I have an 04 Rxp with the following mods
    RR superchargerblade with metals ( shimmed correctly )
    RR stk class ecu
    RR valve train
    Riva stage one kit
    14/19r 4 blade
    Just wondering what my average mph should be Ive been doing some radar runs and gps and the best I can get is 72.8 mph. I think that is kinda low but not sure and looking for help.
    The ski is turning 8450 rpm's. Any help would be appreciated.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    that acually sounds about right //you still have the stock intercooler

BROOKSEY
    Yes stk intercooler. Besides an external intercooler what can I do to increase top end? DO you think Im turning to many rpm's? I was thinking of trying a 15/20. whats your thought on that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BROOKSEY View Post
    Yes stk intercooler. Besides an external intercooler what can I do to increase top end? DO you think Im turning to many rpm's? I was thinking of trying a 15/20. whats your thought on that.

the 15/20 WILL decrease your R's but will go FASTER! then figure out how to get your R's back and go even faster! good work!

look into a intercooler then ...next up is a green wheel ...dont waist your time with the riva/vortech wheel... yes the rpms are a little high if you have an adjustable nozzle tighten it up a size ...add that stuff then you might look into a 15 20 ...i dont think you would be able to turn it its current configuration ,,, that set up should give you 75 to 77 mph depending,,, and better acceleration ..if you hold out and can afford a s3 charger or find one used here is even better than a green wheel ...but the best next to a turbo is the rude charger but then you need a fuel managemet system and 50 lb injectors to go with,,, and it all adds up

you... have a rotax racing blade i missed that ...so 4 u it s3 charger is the next up after the intercooler.... but w the blade just the intercooler will make a dif then you can prob turn that 15 29 ....go to s3 charger you will ned 42 # injectors as well i know a coupl of guys have them 4 sale here the you can e bay your existing set up and ge most of the cash back

if he has a RR ecu, 8450 rpms isnt that high is it?

not really ...but just a little...everthing i have read sugessts the cam and everthing works best at @8100 in my opinion that is one of the things the rotax cam does for you brings the peak power up to 8500 to work best with the increased rpm allowed by the racing ecu
    Last edited by breon; 10-24-2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: messed up

BROOKSEY
    Well 8450 I think is pretty high for the mods with the rr stk computer is only set not much higher for r's.From what I have Ive read here and I dont see many people running that many r's. So pretty much Im in the ball park. I really need an intercooler and injectors to make the speed Im looking for. So it probably wont turn the 15/20? Basically I need intercooler injectors and 15/20. The ski really screams right now and acclerates hard with the stk intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    not really ...but just a little...everthing i have read sugessts the cam and everthing works best at @8100 in my opinion that is one of the things the rotax cam does for you brings the peak power up to 8500 to work best with the increased rpm allowed by the racing ecu

ok i see

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information