Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Look at what I found tonight !!

I was changing out my nozzle tonight and decide to take a look under the ski to see how bad I had to true my intake grate and ride plate and I found this I ended up having to remove the grate and with a razor I cut all the fishing line out. The last time I rode, the ski was cavitating over and over. I jump in the water but didnt find anything down there. Later that day it got better so I figured what ever was in there had been shot out, but I guess not. Lesson learned
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03587.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	42832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03594.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	42833  

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    I was changing out my nozzle tonight and decide to take a look under the ski to see how bad I had to true my intake grate and ride plate and I found this I ended up having to remove the grate and with a razor I cut all the fishing line out. The last time I rode, the ski was cavitating over and over. I jump in the water but didnt find anything down there. Later that day it got better so I figured what ever was in there had been shot out, but I guess not. Lesson learned
    Wow, Happened to me....but there was a BIG LOUD "THUMP" then I shut down????? I started it back up, felt like I sucked up some kelp??? look around...no disturbance in the water, so I jump into the water and saw what you saw, got my dive knife and cut the line and hauled it out in my ski bucket to dipose of it the right way? I just didn't want to leave it there for others to get in trouble with?. I always carry a 4'' Dive knife with me. It pays I got a big ding under my ski.....I figure that fishing line was attached to a lead weight.. sucks! Looks like 80+ pound nylon test fishing line from just looking at your picture..can't see from here...Hmm, somebody fishing for a BIG one or a Big Gator?....or a Nice Fast Modified RXP..... ????????
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 10-25-2007 at 01:49 AM.

How did you get all of this it to your intake ? wow
    Did you lose speed ?

Thumbs up wow

good that u fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Wow, Happened to me....but there was a BIG LOUD "THUMP" then I shut down????? I started it back up, felt like I sucked up some kelp??? look around...no disturbance in the water, so I jump into the water and saw what you saw, got my dive knife and cut the line and hauled it out in my ski bucket to dipose of it the right way? I just didn't want to leave it there for others to get in trouble with?. I always carry a 4'' Dive knife with me. It pays I got a big ding under my ski.....I figure that fishing line was attached to a lead weight.. sucks! Looks like 80+ pound nylon test fishing line from just looking at your picture..can't see from here...Hmm, somebody fishing for a BIG one or a Big Gator?....or a Nice Fast Modified RXP..... ????????
    Jammer1,
    Where do you carry a dive knife? Next to your visor?
    Have you ever lost your dive knife? Aren't you concerned when you crash hard. It might come off?

DandSPro

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DandSPro View Post
    Jammer1,
    Where do you carry a dive knife? Next to your visor?
    Have you ever lost your dive knife? Aren't you concerned when you crash hard. It might come off?

DandSPro
    i ALWAYS carry mine in my TEETH when i ride like BILLY JACK does!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha that way if i FLY off i just grab it out of my mouth BEFORE it hit the water then when i land in the water if theres anything after me like in the movies i can ATTACK at will! RIGHT ON BIG DADDY TRUCKER TRUCKER!!!!!!!!

yeah jammer is right...shud always have something with you incase bad crap happens..

When I reached under I didnt feel anything that day. But yes speeds were affected drasticly. Rpms would wine up but NO GO. I would of never been able to cut that with a knife out there anyways, intake grate had to come off. As for the knife, I also carry a knife with me, I take one in a small bag and the other is like crocodile dundee knife. I usually take that one in my mouth like Steve said. In South Florida not only do we have to deal with the animals in the water, we have immigrants coming from all over the carribean coming in. PIRATES !!!

I agree with everyone on the knifes i think that the Dundee Knife/Sword is a must when charted unknown terrotories.

I wonder if there was a big bass on the end of that line. That would have really set the hook!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information