Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP engine in stx hull???

Has anybody tried to put a RXP engine in a 15f stx hull???? Any advantage over a GPR hull????? Only thing i can think of is it being a 3 seater. thanks-- any input would help!

+1
    I'll buy your 15F crank and cases if they are in good shape.

+1
    Cody,
    Joe and the driveshaft guy Ted have been seperately throwing this idea around. If used with the kawi pump system it would probably have a good hole shot, and the st hull handles very well.

Lots of your GP class skis are copys of the ST hull. In closed course, it continues to be one of the best.

hey thanks-- i think it would be a great ski! Think about a 15f w/ some good bolt ons will go 67ish. Thats with only 160 HP or so! I like the versatility of the stx hull. You could use it for family riding/cruising/towing or be a closed course & even top end monster.

I would also be willing to back this project if you would be willing to undertake it!!!

+1
    I agree. My only complaint was that I didn't like the short stance. It hurts my back and knees.

The XLT yamaha hull would be a great candidate,lots of room for three up,and tall enough for us bigger guy's.I have 2 myself I'm planing on testing a Honda engine in.An RXP engine should fit in there no proplem!

+1
    I've been thinking about this for ages (even started a post a while ago but was told s/c'ing the 15f engine was faster and can make more power.

Last 2 years the 15f hull has won Pro Runabout, good idea if you have a stx or 15f hull with no motor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    hey thanks-- i think it would be a great ski! Think about a 15f w/ some good bolt ons will go 67ish. Thats with only 160 HP or so! I like the versatility of the stx hull. You could use it for family riding/cruising/towing or be a closed course & even top end monster.

I would also be willing to back this project if you would be willing to undertake it!!!
    I would be willing to undertake this project. I predict atleast a 6 month build..Larry has promised me a stx hull but so far nada!

+1
    so is there any difference in strength/thickness of the STXR hull to th 15F?

Would the 15F hull be a better idea as it has already had a 4 stroke in it re: motor mount location etc?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by grantuk View Post
    so is there any difference in strength/thickness of the STXR hull to th 15F?

Would the 15F hull be a better idea as it has already had a 4 stroke in it re: motor mount location etc?
    if anything an stxr would be better because it is a slant cylinder design like the rxp and it also has 3 cylinders.... the 15f has 4 cylinders and the mounts would be in a different lcoation...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information