Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does anyone build a GPRxp for a buyer?

Does anyone offer this service...?

I would like to know what it would cost to order a 'turn key' GPRxp conversion...this idea is being tossed around in a Sea Doo forum right now...

I know a lot of variability would lie in who supplied the parts and what stage it would be set up as...

Lets use a stock 215 4-tec as a starting point...

I think Jerry should build his own skis!! The Greenhulks!!

+1
    Certainly some money to be made for someone.

At the least someone should sell a conversion kit that includes ALL necessary custom parts; mounts, waterbox, driveshaft components, etc. A template that you could lay in the hull for making the cuts would be nice too.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i have pretty limited experience in the watercraft industry. I've only been in this a fraction of the time of alot of people here... I can honestly say, at least for me, the conversion process has been very easy thus far, and there's no aspect of it that i feel is overly challenging. It's not rocket science since the scientist already did all the homework for us on it. Just get a hull and jump in.

U'd be surprised how quickly you can move along and do it yourself.

all the parts are available easily... the motor mounts, well find a local metal/welder guy and take the specs to him, they're spelled out how to make them.

the address is there where to send the i-shaft and rxp shaft...

call TDR for the waterbox

there's no templates needed for the cuts, just follow the contour of the GPR hull for the bottom cut, and the side stringer is easy as well.

there's too many variables to build a turn-key GPRXP... some people are into the conversion for 10 grand or more... others are into it for nothing or even made money during the process.

what i like about the conversion aspect of the forum is that there's not really money to be made bc it's people coming together and posting chitloads of pics and sharing results and tutorials for free.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i have pretty limited experience in the watercraft industry. I've only been in this a fraction of the time of alot of people here... I can honestly say, at least for me, the conversion process has been very easy thus far, and there's no aspect of it that i feel is overly challenging. It's not rocket science since the scientist already did all the homework for us on it. Just get a hull and jump in.

U'd be surprised how quickly you can move along and do it yourself.

all the parts are available easily... the motor mounts, well find a local metal/welder guy and take the specs to him, they're spelled out how to make them.

the address is there where to send the i-shaft and rxp shaft...

call TDR for the waterbox

there's no templates needed for the cuts, just follow the contour of the GPR hull for the bottom cut, and the side stringer is easy as well.

there's too many variables to build a turn-key GPRXP... some people are into the conversion for 10 grand or more... others are into it for nothing or even made money during the process.

what i like about the conversion aspect of the forum is that there's not really money to be made bc it's people coming together and posting chitloads of pics and sharing results and tutorials for free.
    Good post!

+1
    for a turn key conversion figure 13 to 15 grand shipped to your door. Could be cheaper if you have the following. Hull, rxp motor ,electrics,gauges,wiring harness. It is true the process of conversion isnt rocket sience(now that hydrotoys figured it all out) but it is a time consuming step by step process. If you have time you can do it. No one wants to build gprxps to sell them. They are way to much fun to ride and you will pour your heart and soul into a build just to crate it up and ship it out?

So figure it this way. your going to drop that much money on a ski that has no warranty and the conversion parts are on the west coast(drive shaft and motor mounts) FYI none of the above has failed on any of the gprxps that have been built. Bottom line is you can start from scratch and build this ski for 10 grand.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    Bottom line is you can start from scratch and build this ski for 10 grand.
    I cannot even post my total project cost for my GPRXP in fear of being lynched (if that's how u spell it?)

+1
    I think I've got $12k in the Vigilante now with the Riva S3 parts on it. Add another 1.5 in there when the Rude drops in. A lot of that was developmental cost.

SO FAR, that is more than I have in the next one.

+1
    shibby, you are a swap meet buyer and seller. Its all good bro. most people cant pounce on a good deal like you can.

A realistic cost of a conversion for most people building these doing all the labor would be around 10 grand. Kmart shoppers like shibby can get it done for $2.50

+1
    Joe,
    you might be able to do Alex's for less than $6000 if you take your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information