Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Porting (07 1300) By Lowell

Ok guys,i just had to do it !!! Finally sent my cylinders out to Lowell today along with the head to be recutt for compression to remain 150-155lb...He is going to port the cylinders and poss cutt them if needed to achieve the correct squish... I also sent the crank to crankworks for trueing and welding and a larger bearing for front of crankshaft which was recommended by Lowell... The only other mods to be performed is a (4 degree key) which will also come from Lowell,previously had a 3 degree... I am hoping with the new mods that i will be in the 80mph+ range with my 1200 grate and awesome handling that i have now.....Hydrotherapy and a few other beet me to the punch so it will be several weeks before i will know the results...

+1
    Moderators,,please kick this to General Discussion Please,i posted in the wrong section,,,thanks

+1
    Porting by Lowell mmmm I am sure with the right set up you will be in the 80mph ++ .

+1
    You should be able to make it there ! Give WFO a call, he has been there already with a non PV motor.

+1

Ported 1300 update.

I am happy to say that i should be on the water about mid week just before christmas holidays...Special thanks to Lowell Horning for his great workmanship and courtesy he provides for 100% of his customers each and every day,thanks Lowell....I received my parts from Lowell yesterday and after staying up till 3:00a.m. last night the motor is ready to drop in the hull with the exception fo the 4 degree key which i expect tomorrow...The motor assembly went well with the true & welded crank,cylinders decked,head cut and squish set,ported cylinders,swaintech piston coating, etc..I have some pics taken on my sony dvd camcorder that prob is not too good but will try to post a little later....I pitched the dynafly up to 14/24 which i hope will land me in the correct rpm range for the build..Well that is the update for now......thanks james k
    Last edited by james k; 12-16-2007 at 07:53 PM.

+1

Lowell is great to work with - he really takes time to answer any and all questions.

Glad to hear your build went so well. Can't wait to see your results. Mine should be here soon - hopefully before Christmas

I see your going with the 4 degree key - I'm picking up the same thing from WFO. Should be just the ticket...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Porting by Lowell mmmm I am sure with the right set up you will be in the 80mph ++ .
    Its way harder than that !!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorcountry View Post
    Lowell is great to work with - he really takes time to answer any and all questions.

Glad to hear your build went so well. Can't wait to see your results. Mine should be here soon - hopefully before Christmas

I see your going with the 4 degree key - I'm picking up the same thing from WFO. Should be just the ticket...
    WFO sent mine also,last sat usps but no Joy just yet..Keep me informed on your ski,please..Good to hear form ya..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    I laugh just watching him eat that pocorn...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information