Oil Pressure error P-1202

Hi guys,
    Just took my skis out for one last run out in Perris, CA and my GTX started beeping, so I pressed Set 5 times and get P-1202 code. Looked it up and it's Oil Pressure sensor. Once I got home, I looked at my oil dip stick and saw that it was over the operating range. Could that be the problem, should I suck out some oil or take it in to dealer and get raped by the charges?? I got my oil changed at 56 or so hours by a mechanic adverting on Craigslist, than I saw how he did it and went out to buy my own oil pump. Its now at 78 hours

anybody out there with experience with that maintance code?

Quote Originally Posted by guduf4u View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just took my skis out for one last run out in Perris, CA and my GTX started beeping, so I pressed Set 5 times and get P-1202 code. Looked it up and it's Oil Pressure sensor. Once I got home, I looked at my oil dip stick and saw that it was over the operating range. Could that be the problem, should I suck out some oil or take it in to dealer and get raped by the charges?? I got my oil changed at 56 or so hours by a mechanic adverting on Craigslist, than I saw how he did it and went out to buy my own oil pump. Its now at 78 hours

anybody out there with experience with that maintance code?
    Bro, P-1202 is I belived is a code for "Oil Tank" ..Pressure switch...implasuible or blow-by valve still closed? here's the possible cause...Damage oil presure switch (sensor), blow-by valve failure,damage circuit wires,damage connector or damaged ECM pins. Tell me a story of who you are and how you treat your skis, then we can narrow down the problem?..... Solution?........Send Jammer 1 a 6 pack of Mickeys Big Mouth and he will tell you which one's at fault? Just kidding, try this one first, level your ski, NO eye Ball. Use a leveling tool. start your ski for few seconds rev it up for a couple of times, and as always....I hope you are in flushing mode scenario after a ride in the ocean thang? No more than 2 minutes...shaft seal is dry...be nice Now I want you, to take your wife, kid, dog, cat, goldfish out to lunch and be back in an hour.....Now check the oil by pulling the dip stick.... if it is over OEM standard, which I think this is a scenario of an oil overfilled 4 teck engine...but you never know? just suck it out, I don't care how you do it as long it's behind close doors. Green Hulkers might get exited....Were the Elite...the best of the best, remember that!.....if that doesen't work post again. what the heck you doing at Pep Boys for service...."Manny" got divorce and depressed, Moe eloped with a lesbian, Jack..........He belived in Jack...ing all the way to 2 tumback tu? Try this for a test: When you go to a Jet ski dealer or private Mech. ask them "Hey, you ever here about that Green Hulk site or .... If they give a "Dumb" look.....be cautious, they may be good mech, and not know of "The Source".....Plain and simple, they are just there..making a living in what they choose as a Carreer in life. Nothing wrong with that?, exept you still got that problem. ? Listen, process of elimination. That T.O.P.S thang...it's a device that BRP had installed, if you turned over, the oil stays were it should be........in the 4 Teck engine (did I spell that right?) I have to go, but I think it's the Tops? I could be wrong.....Bro, In my book OIL Pressure Is the # 1 killer of engines. Shut Down and Investigate. hope it helps and made you smile while in the process.......
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 10-27-2007 at 03:07 PM.

My gtx every time i put in the water it starts beeping, low oil and when i check the oil its where its suppose to be, what i do is let it warm up and its stops beeping, but i do have to buy the sensor eventualy .

+1
    if its a gtx, my bets on the oil pressure sensor....its up front, next to oil cap.....5 minute job

I've been riding it in fresh water all summer...except once at the ocean, but I flused it out with Salt Away

I'm going to try it next weekend when I have more time, and see if I can fix it..if not guess I have to take it to the dealer

thanks

Thread Information