Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I give you Luke Skywalker...

My wife read the post about Abbott's beef...

Made us get helmets and goggles. The Boy said he looked like Luke so it was easy...I am still getting used to mine.

We bought Snowboard helmets without the full face ( I have another one that is)...the sowboard ones are kinda cool for the fall with the ear covers. We will probably get more basic ones in the spring...skate helmets or something...

Ya know, I feel better. What if he fell and blew an eardrum or got knocked around. I would never live it down...and it might keep him from other sports. Macho does not cut it with a ten year old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luke Skywalker.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	43026  

+1
    Smart move. Better safe than sorry.

Luke skywalker wasn't his father was from the Dorkside I mean Darkside

I gotta try to talk my kid into one also but We really need to scan constantly for boats and I'm afraid this would hinder sight and sound?
    Last edited by ZMANN; 10-27-2007 at 02:40 PM.

For rec riding I feel that goggles would hinder my vision to see boats. I use goggles a helmet when I snowboard in a park area (meaning when I will using rails, ramps, ect... ) but for pimpen around the mountain I don't.

Caution raider fan in the area !!
    +1
    cool, looking kid ..

+1
    good decision ....dat water can hurt

why this is a cool forum...

This afternoon I took "Luke" out for a spin (and yes he is a very cool kid). At the dock I see a couple of guys on GP's...these have to be the guys I have talked to a few times so I flag them down and sure enough...GPR Tony and Kevin, are cruising around right there.

How great is that...? I mean all accross the country people connect for no other reason than a hobby/sport...and there they are! Right there! Nice guys...they even made Luke (Max) feel cool when he took the bars and drove for a while. He walked a little taller when he got off the ski. He liked the story when I explained the connection and then I showed him the site...he is only ten.

I look forward to goin' for another spin with these guys...(only I will be on my GP and not the FX Cruiser Escalade).

Pretty cool.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista View Post
    This afternoon I took "Luke" out for a spin (and yes he is a very cool kid). At the dock I see a couple of guys on GP's...these have to be the guys I have talked to a few times so I flag them down and sure enough...GPR Tony and Kevin, are cruising around right there.

How great is that...? I mean all accross the country people connect for no other reason than a hobby/sport...and there they are! Right there! Nice guys...they even made Luke (Max) feel cool when he took the bars and drove for a while. He walked a little taller when he got off the ski. He liked the story when I explained the connection and then I showed him the site...he is only ten.

I look forward to goin' for another spin with these guys...(only I will be on my GP and not the FX Cruiser Escalade).

Pretty cool.

I wish there were more people in Oklahoma. I think there is only three of us. Me, Steve, and one other. I am actually surprised there are not more, Oklahoma has over 200 man made lakes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Vista View Post

Pretty cool.
    Raider Kevin called me earlier and told me he saw Luke Skywalker on the River today. I believe Troy Hammond was with him if I am not mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information