Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BROOKSEY

Expected results

Im installing a XS intercooler with stage one RIva kit, RR stk class ecu, 14/19, RR super blade and clutch, and wondering what I can expect for a rough estimate in speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BROOKSEY View Post
    Im installing a XS intercooler with stage one RIva kit, RR stk class ecu, 14/19, RR super blade and clutch, and wondering what I can expect for a rough estimate in speed.
    i think 3mph

I assume this is for an RXP because of the prop pitch? If so the 14/19 won't be steep enough. You're going to want a 15/20R. The intercooler alone should provide a 3mph gain. The SC wheel another mph. ECU might be good for another mph once you get the RPM dialed in properly. Stage 1 alone is good for about 3~4mph. So if you added all this to a stock RXP I would say you should be running about 76+mph.

Take a look at this thread to get an idea for what setup produces what speeds. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32383

76 !!, I think thats a little steep. But who knows. Only way to really know is putting it out in the water. every ski runs different and weather conditions as well as ther rider, and rider height, weight, can make a huge difference. Nothing is to be taken for granted when trying to acheive max out of your setup. but yes that link that KID put up is a good guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    I assume this is for an RXP because of the prop pitch? If so the 14/19 won't be steep enough. You're going to want a 15/20R. The intercooler alone should provide a 3mph gain. The SC wheel another mph. ECU might be good for another mph once you get the RPM dialed in properly. Stage 1 alone is good for about 3~4mph. So if you added all this to a stock RXP I would say you should be running about 76+mph.

Take a look at this thread to get an idea for what setup produces what speeds. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32383
    Last edited by MIARider; 10-27-2007 at 08:02 PM.

what gains if that set up was on a T?

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    76 !!, I think thats a little steep. But who knows. Only way to really know is putting it out in the water. every ski runs different and weather conditions as well as ther rider, and rider height, weight, can make a huge difference. Nothing is to be taken for granted when trying to acheive max out of your setup. but yes that link that KID put up is a good guideline.
    Steep? Are you serious? A Stage 2 that is dialed in properly will see 75mph. He will be running a Stage 2 plus! You're right about the conditions they do play a huge factor, but I assume conditions to be ideal when someone asks for a speed to be expected with a certain setup. Heck, I was running 75mph at 8000~8050 RPM with my custom stage 2 (Riva 3" intake, Riva grate, Riva wedge, Riva pro blocks, XS IC, thru hull, 15/20R, Stage 2 SC wheel). Give me a Green Wheel or the RR wheel and I will be at 76mph no problem. From what I've read in the past you can gain a little top end with the stock class RR ECU by adjusting the cam (I forget whether it was advancing or retarding it ). Anyone know about that ECU and the cam?

If his top end is off it will be because of the prop. He should be running a 15/20R with that setup instead of a 14/19.

I missed the rotax ecu, but he did mention he 's running a full stage one, he didnt mention anything about a SC wheel ? As far as you, yea I think you should gain and be at around 76 with a green wheel.

Steep? Are you serious? A Stage 2 that is dialed in properly will see 75mph. He will be running a Stage 2 plus! You're right about the conditions they do play a huge factor, but I assume conditions to be ideal when someone asks for a speed to be expected with a certain setup. Heck, I was running 75mph at 8000~8050 RPM with my custom stage 2 (Riva 3" intake, Riva grate, Riva wedge, Riva pro blocks, XS IC, thru hull, 15/20R, Stage 2 SC wheel). Give me a Green Wheel or the RR wheel and I will be at 76mph no problem. From what I've read in the past you can gain a little top end with the stock class RR ECU by adjusting the cam (I forget whether it was advancing or retarding it ). Anyone know about that ECU and the cam?

If his top end is off it will be because of the prop. He should be running a 15/20R with that setup instead of a 14/19.

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    he didnt mention anything about a SC wheel ?
    Put it in bold. I don't know if he will be using the spacer though. I haven't heard of it referred to as the "super" wheel. Maybe the super wheel is the RR wheel with spacer. By RR blade I assume he means the RR SC wheel.

, Thats what through me off, what is this spacer ?

and im guessing this is the new Rotax wheel ?

Put it in bold. I don't know if he will be using the spacer though. I haven't heard of it referred to as the "super" wheel. Maybe the super wheel is the RR wheel with spacer. By RR blade I assume he means the RR SC wheel.

wheel

Ya the "new" Rotax wheel comes with a 2mm spacer because the wheel is bigger. I don't think its called the "Super Wheel"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information