Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar

PWC Doctor Versiplug works great

For those of you who were at the World Finals might remember the PWC Doctor booth (www.pwcdoctor.com). I stopped by to look at their product, it is a self-bailing drain plug, called the 'Versiplug.
    I said what the heck and bought one. At first I was really skeptical about it because I hate duck bill drains. All I can say is this thing is magic, it works great! All you have to do is unscrew your stock drain plug and then pull on it to remove it, then screw in the Versiplug. There is a little white ball that closes the drain with water pressure. Once you start riding the ball moves rearward allowing any water to exit and when you stop the ball seals the drain again. It's really cool.
    You only need to use one unless you do a lot of surf riding then they recommend you install two.
    A disclaimer is put out that you should not just let your watercraft sit in the water for more than hour. They told me that during testing they let a ski sit in the water for 24 hrs. with no problem. I think they don't want to be responsible if some knucklehead leaves his ski in the water for a week.
    I have rode several times with the versiplug and even let my RXT sit for 2+ hours with no leaking.
    The real testimonial is by Sunday afternoon they sold out. I talked with Chris from PWC Doctor and he said the word must have got out because all of the sudden the racers started buying them. He also said that Riva and Hot Products will be carrying them in 08. So I will be buying a couple more before Riva doubles the price.
    Hope this helps.

and how is this different than the stock one? My rxt drains auto bail but I wouldn't leave them open on purpose because of debris keeping the balls from sealing.

It drains about 10 times as fast the stock bailing system. It just gets rid of the water alot quicker. If you are familar with the duck bill drains that are on most race watercraft then you know what I mean.
    At any given time I can look into my hull since I installed the versiplug and it it completely dry.

Fate: do you have a pic of these installed in "your" ski? The advertisement in the website shows one that`s different of the bolt pattern for SeaDoo`s...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 10-28-2007 at 08:42 AM.

how about internet site

Pale Rider: Here's some pics of the Versiplug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1521.JPG 
Views:	387 
Size:	331.0 KB 
ID:	43149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1527.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	448.2 KB 
ID:	43150  

Thanks for the pic! although I think that`s a great idea, what keeps it in place if it unscrews? too bad they don`t give you one with a solid mount that replaces the whole assy...PR...

expensive little buggers aren`t they?

They actually are secured pretty good once tightened up.
    At the World Finals they sold for $20 each, even at that I still had to think about it. But I'm totally happy with it's performance.
    I just don't know how durable the little plastic ball will be over time. Thats why I'm still carrying the stock drain plug with me.

+1
    My stocker came with such a setup...Again WHY would I buy one. Please explain.

jawz:
    Thats cool your "stocker" came with the Versiplug I wasn't aware this item was available as an OEM Seadoo component. Therefore, there is no reason WHY you need to purchase one.
    This post as with most post on GH are never intended to tell someone they need to BUY something, they merely report on our personal experience with a product, usually performance related. This post just happened to be my personal experience with the Versiplug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information