Newbie Here Sayin whats up

Hey guys whats up, I'm a newbie when it comes to waverunners but hoping ot learn a little here. I've been lurking the Riva forums and was glad to find an RXP Forum. I should be picking up my ski soon and was wondering if you guys had any advice for a new first time owner. I've never had a ski before and think I may have jumped in with both feet with the RXP I mean what other choice is there!!

So I'm open to any advice or experiances that you guys think will help. Thank ans see you around the boards

Get the OPAS Block-offs dane as soon as possible, makes a big difference in the Ski.

+1
    Glad you came by, you'll learn a lot from these guys.

First, don't call it a waverunner. That's Yamaha, JeiSki is Kawasaki. Sea Doo's are called Sea Doo.

This is your first ski, but is the the first time on the water?

+1
    Welcome to the board!

OPAS blockoffs are a must, as is a intake grate.

Quote Originally Posted by miketrin
    Glad you came by, you'll learn a lot from these guys.

First, don't call it a waverunner. That's Yamaha, JeiSki is Kawasaki. Sea Doo's are called Sea Doo.

This is your first ski, but is the the first time on the water?
    LoL sorry I meant sea doo. No it's not my first time on the water I've been boating my whole life so I grew up on the water. I'm on my fourth boat at the ripe old age of 24 so I've been around the water plenty but never on a machine like this one. I'm not looking to mod........Yet Ha ha. I haven't caught the bug not that I won't catch it but the last time I was on a seadoo It went I think 45-50 and I thought that was scary fast so once I get used to the speed of the rxp I'll maybe think of upgrading. I figure you guys block of the OPAS cause it takes from the jet in the back but how much does it add as far as top end and what do you lose as far as handeling? When I saw that in the broshure I thought it was a cool feature but like I said I'm new to these things So I'm hopin to ask a lot of dumb questions ha ha.

As far as Top end goes, I am not sure. Jerry I think would be the one to answer that. As for as handling though, it makes a big difference. When you take them off, you lose all the drag that it creates, so the doo it self feels much lighter and to me handles a lot better. I was like you, I liked the feature when I first bought mine, but after I had them removed I was thinking why I waited so long. Hope this helps some.

+1
    In calm water you wont gain any speed.
    You will gain speed thru chop as you will be able to go faster without the OPAS paddles grabbing.

Yeah I'll probably leave it alone for a bit and then once I get the Mod bug I'll start with that, It seems to be the basics.

+1
    be careful of that mod bug, once you start you cant stop

Gforce...The opas to me seemed very dangerous at high speed even in lite chop! When the ski comes unhooked and comes back down it'll shoot off in any direction and it scared the hell out of me because the water temp was 34 deg when I first got mine in dec. and I did not want to go for a swim or even think of gettin thrown at that speed. So you do what ever you want but would strongly advise to get them of as fast as you can.

I do not have a grate on mine but probably need to get one, but have heard some horror stories about getting the stock one off.
    Anyway just my opinion you do what you like it's your ski. big

Thread Information